Chapter 65

Aarohi gained consciousness late into the night and like Abhimanyu had predicted she was pissed as hell, especially when she found out the extent of her injuries. Abhimanyu sympathized with her because if he was in her position, he too would have lost his shit knowing he couldn't operate for a while.

"I'm not staying here Abhimanyu" she groaned loudly from the bed making him smirk.

"Uh yes, yes you are. 48 hours." His voice left no room for arguments. "Tell me how it happened? What the hell were you doing there?" He wasn't sure why his question made her frown as she stared at him in confusion.

"What do you mean? You called me there. You wanted to discuss something about the patient, shruti?" he could see that his question had visibly confused her but he was equally if not more perplexed. What the fuck was going on? But maybe right now wasn't the perfect time to talk about this, considering her health.

"Uh never mind, we'll talk about this later." He whispered gently before patting her hand and getting up to let Mimi and Badi Ma back in. They crowded her bed and doted on her, rightfully so while Abhimanyu went back to his cabin wanting to check on what had just transpired. He sure as shit hadn't called Aarohi to that stairwell so who did and why? Maybe it was a huge misunderstanding, but his gut told him it was not.

Unfrotunately his mission to dig into the details got sidetracked as he saw a worried Neil and Akshara anxiously pacing in his office.

"She's okay, her vitals are back up. She's conscious and mad at me like I predicted." He narrated smugly walking over to Akshara and hugging her close. "Unfortunately, Mimi and Badi Ma are with her so lover boy will have to wait outside like everyone." Neil didn't stick his tongue out at him nor made a witty comeback making Abhimanyu sigh into Akshara's hair. He walked over to Neil and clapped him on the back, "She's okay Neil, I promise."

"I just want to be there with her you know." He said in a dejected tone. Hell Abhimanyu knew exactly what he was feeling, he had been right where Neil currently was a few months back.

"Okay enough of this sappiness, come with me Neil. You too, Mr. Oaf." Akshara said, no demanded loudly and who was he to refuse her. He grinned at her as she dragged the two brothers by their wrists out of his office and back towards where Aarohi's room was, only letting go when they neared her waiting family.

"I'm going to go see Aaru now, you all had your turn. Now it's mine." She claimed loudly like the Queen that she was "Mimi and Badi Ma will have to come out, Neil needs to get some things in order with Aaru as the accident occurred in the hospital" his devil lied so smoothly that for a second even Abhimanyu was convinced but when she glared at him he had to step in and back her up "Uh yeah, standard procedure" he stuttered not meeting the Goenkas eyes and followed Akshara and Neil into Aarohi's room. He watched from the sidelines as Akshara relayed the same info to Mimi and Badi Ma and finally the four of them were left alone.

"Aaru" Akshara whispered softly as she cried for her sister's pain, making Aarohi roll her eyes.

"Don't start, I swear to God. I am on the verge of killing your stupid boyfriend, don't make me kill you too" Aarohi angrily muttered making Akshara giggle and kiss her sister's cheek. When he saw Akshara open her mouth to argue some more and demand explanations, Abhimanyu walked over to Akshara grabbing her waist from behind and whispering in her ear "Come baby, let them have some time for themselves. You can talk to her later." At her nod, he dragged her to the couch, letting her cuddle into him as they watched on as Neil and Aarohi whispered to each other softly. When both of them glared at Akshara and Abhimanyu from their spot on the bed, he chuckled and loudly announced "Ok, ok, we're not looking." Before burying his face into Akshara's neck and kissing that spot he loved.