chapter thirty-eight ; just tonight.

"Make me proud." A rough voice spoke to me. "All you need to do is make me proud."

It was cold and dark. I could barely see anything. I was in a basement — which was more of a dungeon — with someone a lot older than me. I didn't know who it was.

They wore a mask.

"Please, I don't want this." I cried, hugging my legs close to my chest.

I didn't know how long I was crying for, but I was.

"You do want this! It's in your blood!" The man shouted back at me.

"It's not in my blood!" I cried again, sobbing loudly.

I was petrified.

I didn't know where I was. I could've been in the middle of nowhere in an underground bunker for all I knew.

"It is in your blood, you need to have this." The masked death eater said, getting closer to me.

"I don't want to. Please let me go."

I started choking out of panic and fear, scared of what was going to happen to me. The last thing I knew was me and Draco fell asleep on my bed, and I woke up in the night to get a drink.

Then I woke up here.

"Make me proud!" He snapped, pointing his wand at me.

"I don't want to-,"

"You do want to and you know it." He let a dry laugh escape his lips.

"No I really don't." I mumbled, tears streaming down both of my cheeks.

A scoff followed by another dry laugh left the masked death eater. I could only see his eyes. They were grey, and I'd like to have thought I was staring into Dracos eyes, but I knew it wasn't.

I knew that no matter how much Draco and I loathed each other; he would never have done this.

I hoped he'd find me.

The masked death eater got close to my face, grabbing my arm.

"Now, tell me who you are..." he whispered, his cold breath clinging to my skin.

"I-," I choked, not being able to breathe or talk very well.

"Speak witch!" He dug his long nails into my forearm.

"I'm Elizabeth Berlanti." I sobbed.

My breath was hitched, where my chest felt tight along with it. My heart was beating so loudly against my ribcage I was sure he could hear it.

"You're not a Berlanti." He scoffed, letting go of my arm aggressively.

I held my arm and felt blood being drawn from it, from where he'd dug his nails into my skin.

"Yes I am." I muttered so myself, wiping my blood away in the dark.

"Don't bloody say that!" He spat, shooting daggers at me with his eyes. "Oh, Elizabeth, you're something much greater than a Berlanti."

I shook my head, looking down at the stone floor. "I'm a nobody. I'm an orphan."

I was so tired. All I wanted to do was wake up and be lying next to Draco again. But I was sure that this wasn't a dream.

"And what's so bad about being an orphan? Hmm?" He got close to me again, staring deep into my soul.

"I don't need to tell you what I've been through, you don't know me-,"