Chapter 1: A Broken Society

"So Mountain Lady took down that Villain when Kamui Woods clearly had things under control, what an attention seeker." Miyako said with a serious face as she walked away from the scene. Miyako Fushimi was a 15 year old about to graduate middle school, and she hated Heroes . She believed that most Heroes only cared about money and fame, and nothing else. She only ever took interest in Hero news when a certain "Villain" was mentioned. He was known as the Hero Killer. Every Hero he encountered either didn't live to tell the tale, or was so injured that they were forced to retire. Miyako liked the Hero Killer because he had similar beliefs to her, he only ever targeted Heroes he saw as fakes after all. Even when she was young, she would always enjoy playing the Villain when kids her age were playing pretend. She never had the desire to become a Hero. Even if she did, there was one thing that made that impossible in her eyes. She was Quirkless.
"A few hundred years ago, people having super powers would be strange. Now, not having powers is weird." Miyako thought as she let out a sigh. She felt that people were just a product of the bystander effect nowadays. Everyone believed that a Hero would show up eventually, so they did nothing when someone was hurting.
"Hey Villain, what are you doing." Fuuki said with a shit eating grin. She was one of the kids Miyako used to play pretend with as kids. She always called her a Villain due to how she always acted.
"I'm fine Fuuki, I was just leaving." Miyako said as she packed her stuff and began to leave the classroom.
"Oh no you don't." Fuuki said as she used her Quirk to stretch her arms to grab Miyako's hair and pull her to the ground.
"As a true Hero, I stopped the Villainous Fushimi!" Fuuki laughed as she kept knocking Miyako down whenever she tried to get up. Fuuki grabbed Miyako by her uniform shirt and pulled her close.
"Listen here, the world would be a better place without Villain admirers like you. Why don't you do everyone a favor and take a swan dive of the school roof?!" She said mocking Miyako before throwing her to the ground. Fuuki and her group walked off laughing, leaving Miyako to pick up her stuff alone like always.
"It's always like this, all because of those god damn Heroes!" Miyako spoke to herself as tears started streaming down her face. She continued crying as she walked up the stairs to the roof. She looked over the railing at the city as Fuuki's words echoed in her mind like a broken record. She removed her shoes and set them down neatly as she climbed over the railing. She pulled her hair tie out, letting her jet black hair fall. She stood there, her ruby eyes still full of tears.
"I wish I could've gotten back at those good for nothing Heroes. Guess they failed another citizen." Miyako said as she let her body go limp, causing her to fall from the roof top. Her vision went black as soon as she hit the ground, but she could still hear a few faint words before fading completely into unconsciousness.
"She's still alive, she must be strong."