Chapter 26: Getting Closer

Miyako was writing new combat strategies in her notebook when Toga walked up to her.
"Hey there Miya-Chan! What are you doing?" Toga asked with the same smile as always. Miyako couldn't help but smile in return as she responded.
"I'm just thinking of new combat strategies. The Heroes are starting to learn how we fight." Miyako answered as she looked back down at her notebook. Toga sat next to Miyako and rested her head on her shoulder to get a better look, causing Miyako's face to turn a bright red as her body burned with embarrassment. Without thinking, Miyako immediately stood up from where she was sitting. Toga gave her a confused look, prompting Miyako to come up with an excuse.
"I just realized I had to run some errands, do you wanna come with?" Miyako hurriedly blurted out, her face still flushed, and her ears burning. Toga smiled as she accepted the offer. Toga was getting ready to leave when Miyako stopped her.
"You can't go out like that, come over here." Miyako said as she pulled Toga into a side room.

Toga and Miyako were walking down the street in disguise. Toga had on a floral dress with a brown wig and contacts. Miyako had a black skirt with a dark blue long sleeve shirt. She also had a dirty blonde wig with blue contacts.
"These are amazing, I didn't know you could do this!" Toga spoke with excitement as she walked. Miyako smiled as she explained.
"I used to cosplay a lot in the past, so I learned how to make all sorts of outfits."
"You made these?!" Toga asked in surprise after Miyako finished talking.
"Y-yeah, I d-did." Miyako answered with a red flushed face. The two teen girls went on a shopping spree with the money they had stolen from other Villain groups. Miyako walked into the changing room, and began removing her shirt and skirt after closing the curtain for privacy. As Miyako looked at herself in the mirror while in nothing but her undergarments, her eyes were drawn to her arms. They were covered in scars. Some of then were from fight she was in during her time as a Villain, but most of them were from before then, back before she walked her villainous path. Miyako rubbed the scars as she remembered all of the horrifying moments went she inflicted them.
"How would she feel if she saw these, would she hate me?" Miyako thought to herself about how Toga would react to her scars. She shook her head to get herself out of that state of mind, and changed into the outfit she had grabbed.

After Toga and Miyako had finished their trip, they began walking back to their base camp.
"Today was so fun Miya-chan, we should do this more often!" Toga spoke with glee as she ran ahead, then pivoted on her heels to face Miyako. Miyako didn't know how to respond, so she simply nodded. After that, they made their way back to the base.