Chapter 20: One On One Time

Miyako was cleaning her designated area of the warehouse when Toga suddenly tapped her on the shoulder, startling her.
"Jesus christ, don't scare me like that Toga." Miyako said out of breath as she placed her hand over her chest, feeling her heart beat wildly.
"Sorry Miya-Chan, but there's something I wanna ask you about!" Toga said with her usual smile. Miyako was intrigued, and asked Toga what it was.
"Tomura-Kun wanted me to get the blood of someone in a Hero school, and infiltrate the licensing exams. I thought it would be fun to do together!" Toga said with excitement. She was so excited that she couldn't stand in one place for too long.
"Sure thing! Just let me get some stuff the we can go." Miyako said as she searched her supply to see how many blood bags she had. While Miyako was looking, something in Miyako's area caught Toga's attention. She lifted it up to examine it, and it looked like a photo of a girl in a school uniform.

 She lifted it up to examine it, and it looked like a photo of a girl in a school uniform

(Art by Darkrose)
"Who's this Miya-Chan?" Toga asked as she showed the photo to Miyako. She glanced at the photo in question, and answered Toga's question while continuing her search.
"It's a photo of me back when I was in middle school. My parents took it right before they left me." Miyako explained. From the start of middle school, Miyako's parents were never around. They both moved to Hosu since that's where their jobs were, leaving Miyako behind. Toga rushed to hug Miyako after she said this, catching her off guard.
"Even if you're parents left, everyone in the League is still family, and we're not going anywhere if we have a choice!" Toga said with her usual smile, trying to cheer Miyako up. Miyako began tearing up because of he kindness. She simply thanked Toga as she wiped her eyes, then the duo left shortly after.

**********************************

"So who's the target?" Miyako inquired as the two moved in the shadows.
"Some girl named Camie Utsushimi, she goes to Shiketsu according to the intel." Toga stated as she lead the way. Miyako recognized the school name, as Shiketsu was seen as a rival of UA.
"Do we know her Quirk?" Miyako asked trying to get as much information as possible. Toga said that her Quirk was called Glamour, which allowed her to make illusions for a short time. Miyako scoffed at this.
"It'll be troublesome if she figures out our objective with a Quirk like that. We should knock her out as soon as possible, then take the necessary amount of blood. I'll make sure she doesn't show up to the exam while you're there." Miyako stated the plan, and the two began their hunt. Miyako located Utsushimi, and both her and Toga agreed that Miyako would knock her out. Miyako created a massive blunt club, and quickly rushed over to strike Utsushimi in the back of the head. Miyako then dragged her into a nearby alley so Toga could take the blood she needed. As Toga and Miyako were walking back to the warehouse after completing their mission, Toga asked hesitantly "Why did your parents leave?" Miyako look at her with an angry expression, but it quickly became calm since she knew Toga was just curious.
"Both my parents work in a company that makes items for convenience stores, they both moved to Hosu to make commuting to work easier. The company they work for was actually founded by a Hero, that's another reason why I hate Heroes." Miyako replied scornfully as she walked, not looking at Toga.
"Mine despised me because my Quirk made me crave blood, but now I live how I want to, no matter what." Toga said with a smile, trying to cheer Miyako up. Miyako laughed before looking at Toga.
"The world abandoned both of us it seems, we better stick together then!" Miyako said, still laughing with a smile.
"Yeah, I'll always be here Miya-Chan!" Toga said with a cheerful smile painted upon her face. Miyako couldn't help but blush a little at her reaction.
"So cute." Miyako thought as her and Toga continued to the Warehouse.