Chapter 38: Results

By the end of the war, 16,929 members of the Paranormal Liberation Front were detained. This included Re: Destro, Geten, and Trumpet. However, 132 managed to escape due to Machia's rampage. Toga managed to escape due to those pursuing her prioritizing saving lives. According to reports Miyako got a copy of, Shigaraki was deemed dead when Mirko, the number 5 Hero, broke his capsule. It wasn't the electric shock from the exposed wires that brought him back though. It was the power of All For One, and his will of hatred that brought him back. Compress and Machia were also detained. Lives were lost on both sides. On the Hero side, Pro Heroes X-less, Crust, Midnight, Eel Boy, Majestic, Native, and many citizens. And on the Villain side, Twice, and many Nomu. For the next few days after the war, Miyako only saw one of two things on the news. Either updates on the damage, or Heroes retiring. Once the wave of retirees ended, only a handful of Heroes were left. Meanwhile, everyone was talking about the video Touya made public. This caused a lot of people to loose faith in Heroes, leading them to take matters into their own hands. Citizens began arming themselves with support items, causing needless bloodshed all over the country. All For One stated that he wouldn't give the Heroes time to rest, and ordered a break in the get back his real body. His real body was locked up in Tartarus, the highest security prison in the country. Getting sentenced there usually meant you'd be there for the rest of your life, but that changed on this night. The assault began at 20:34. The Nomu rushed the main entrance, killing the guards. Miyako was able to destroy the artillery during the distraction. A code red alarm was blaring out as Shigaraki's body used Decay on one of the watchtowers, toppling it like nothing. All For One then set his plan into motion, sending off an EMP wave to shut all the technology down, including the prison cells. Some of the inmates were killed during the riot, but a majority of them escaped. Miyako saw All For One's body walk up to Shigaraki as he announced his plan to the Villains.

Miyako felt like she was listening to a child as she heard All For One ramble on about being a demon lord

Miyako felt like she was listening to a child as she heard All For One ramble on about being a demon lord. She wanted to say something, but didn't out of fear. The massive group of Villains broke into many more high security prisons that same night, releasing practically every Villain in the country. After their attack, those who were with Machia stopped to rest at an abandoned house. All For One, still in control of Shigaraki's body, asked the League to watch over him while he rest. The way he talked about Shigaraki's body made it sound like he was more of an object than a person.

 The way he talked about Shigaraki's body made it sound like he was more of an object than a person

As Shigaraki's body went limp, Miyako couldn't help but look at it with disgust. She felt repulsed that All For One saw Shigaraki as nothing more than an object to use as he saw fit. Miyako harbored this feeling, but didn't speak out of fear.