Chapter 39: Life or Death

All For One has hired some of the Villains he released to bring Izuku Midoriya to him. All Miyako knows is that he wants his Quirk. One of these Villains is Lady Nagant, a former Pro Hero. Miyako decided to check out the city, and walk around. Miyako noted that the city look like an apocalyptic reality. Buildings were collapsed on the ground, glass was scattered around, and Miyako could still smell the blood of all those who died. It was night, and it was raining, the perfect scene for something so horrific. Miyako felt soreness in her arms, causing her to look down at them. She realized her Quirk was active, and she didn't even notice. She turned he Quirk off to ease the pain, but instead it increased. She fell to her knees in pain, holding her hand over her mouth as she coughed. Miyako slowly pulled he hand back as her entire body shook in pain. She immediately noticed that her own blood was on her hand.Miyako was hunched over coughing up more and more blood when a family voice spoke out. "It seems it finally happened." Kurumi spoke, seemingly knowing exactly what was going on. Despite being in severe pain, Miyako managed to ask what she was talking about.
"The reason why you felt sore after using your Quirk was because your body was adapting. Now that it mostly has, you can't live without it." Kurumi explained.
"The hell do you mean?" Miyako struggled to ask as the pain got worse.
"Ever since we first spoke, your Quirk has been active. You did so subconsciously. To put things simply, you will die if your Quirk isn't active." Miyako's eyes widened as she heard this. Knowing she was wondering why, Kurumi answered.
"The reason it's like that is because your blood is constantly rushing through your body to keep track of any blood within range, it's moving even faster now that you can control your blood from any distance. Your blood is moving faster than your body can handle, so you need your Quirk active 24/7 to make sure your blood flows at a reasonable pace." Once Miyako understood, she immediately activated her Quirk again, creating something that resembled barbed wire out of blood, and wrapped it around her arms. The wire looking creation sprouted from her inner elbows.
(Author here, I mean this for those who don't know)

After some time to get her strength back, she stood up

After some time to get her strength back, she stood up. Her arms still sore.
"You'll get used to the soreness eventually, don't worry about that." Kurumi said, trying to alleviate some of Miyako's worry.
"That's not what I'm concerned over. Tell me, will what happens when I don't use my Quirk, also happen if it's taken from me?" Miyako asked as she looked towards an apparition of Kurumi that only she could see.
"I'm afraid so. Whether you have the Quirk or not, at this point, you will die if it's not active." Kurumi sadly answered, visibly wishing there was another way. After learning of her case, Miyako began to walk back to where everyone else was, making sure she wasn't followed.