Chapter 1

*Beep Beep*
I slammed my fist on top of the alarm clock. It was way too early to even think about school. My brain wasn't fully ready to function. Especially after last night's show.

Playback to yesterday

I had heard there was a party a few doors down at Michelle's. She always threw the biggest return to school parties in town. Of course her parents were mega rich so they had money to just throw away. She invited everyone in town, including little recluse me. I had only just moved here a year back  but managed to know everyone.  Kinda like those new kids in teen movies. You'll know the jocks, cheerleaders, geeks, freaks, wannabes, art kids, band and choir. It was a typical small town but known for its massive selection of stores. We had a big mall so you pretty much had everything you needed. Now back to the party, I had received an invitation in the mail. A disgusting hue of pink with that glitter glue that still sticks to your fingers when you touch it. I sat it down on the Island in the kitchen. Mother was humming her church songs while cooking breakfast. The delicious smell of eggs and sizzling sounds of bacon cooking on the stove. She had stopped when I caught the corner of her eye. "Hey baby, Good Morning. Hungry?"

I smiled and nodded my head. She flashed a smile back, her red lipstick stained a bit on her teeth. I hated when she wore lipstick. She always picked out a shade that was just too bright for her face.  She was a beautiful woman, who enjoyed just about anything. She often knitted and crocheted. Baking was her second hobby which I have to admit, it was amazing.

"Morning mom."

She placed a plate of food in front of me along with a glass of OJ. "I hope you're  excited for your Sophomore year of high school." She muttered.

"I am I suppose, not excited for the homework."

She giggled and finished cleaning up her cooking messes. Father had came down the stairs and grabbed his daily newspaper as he ate. He typically didn't speak much to mother and I in the mornings. So I was used to the silence and awkwardness. I finished eating and gathered up my school supplies. I threw everything into my backpack before grabbing the car keys. "Mom is it okay if I drive to school?"

"Yes baby, be safe and have a wonderful day at school."

"I'll try." I whispered to myself. I left the house and It was a beautiful warm day. The sun was shining and not a cloud in the sky. Everything seemed great until, of course, the football jocks who carpooled drove up and decided to throw eggs in my direction. Thankfully they missed me but not the car. The one day I wish they didn't this kind of shit.
"Great. Thanks assholes!"
Not that they could hear me. I quickly used the water hose and washed off the egg guts before heading off to school. It was roughly a fifteen minute drive so I just listened to my music and swam in my own thoughts. Being a sophomore was like prey for the big dogs in school. One step away from the little fishes of freshman. Either way you were at the bottom of the social heap pile. As I pulled into the school parking lot I dreaded getting out of the car. I sighed heavily and threw my backpack over my shoulder. I placed my keys into my pocket. As soon as I stepped out of the car my best friend ran up and bear hugged me. Knocking whatever air I had left in my lungs. "Luca! My man! You ready for the new year?"

I gasped trying to get a breath in.
"Y..e..a."
"Oh shit, sorry. I get little excited."
Yeah no kidding, this kid needs to sign up for wrestling.
"It's okay." Finally able to breath. We walked through the lot talking about our classes and who we hated the most out of the list.
"Mr. Harris? Isn't he the crazy conspiracy guy?"

Miles questioned.
"Yeah, maybe that's why he likes history so much."

"I suppose so. Anyway I'll see you later."

Miles waved bye as the bell rang for class. I made my way to my first class which happened to be math. Math was my least favorite subject and especially since I had it with the school's most annoying teacher; Mrs. Cassandra. 

I walked into the classroom and noticed all the students talking amongst themselves and gathered at each other's desks. Thankfully there were spots left in the back of the classroom. I always picked them since teachers were less likely to ask questions. I tossed my backpack to the ground next to my seat before sitting down. We had roughly five more minutes of free time before class started so I buried my face into my arms to rest my eyes. "Luca!" A female voiced rang out as she slammed her hands on my desk. 

"Jesus Crista!?" 

She giggled and sat in front of me, her perfect blonde hair flowing down her shoulders. "Sorry babe, guess we have math together."

Crista was one of those girls that was both a tom girl and preppy. She could go to a mud fest and not care about being dirty then immediately go to the mall and shop for all kinds of girly things. "I guess so."

"Oh don't be a prude. What's with the sad face?"

I fake smiled in her direction the same time the teacher walked in. "It's nothing, just nerves."

She seemed to believe my lie but was it really a lie? 

As class begun, I took out my notebook, pencil, and pen. The teacher was writing the agenda for the week on the board. I was so distracted until a knock on the door echoed through the room. Another teacher opened the door and in walked a boy. Not just any normal high school boy either. He was handsome and perfect in every way. His curly black hair that set just right on the top of his head. He was strongly built with flawless skin that seemed to glow with the lights. He dressed old-fashioned with his hands in his pockets. He looked so confident with himself amongst the rest of us. I tried to focus on anything other than this boy but it was extremely difficult. I had glanced up and met his eyes and they were ice blue, only they happened to be looking in my direction. I couldn't look away from him no matter how hard I tried.