Chapter 4

At the end of the day, I was beyond tired of school and life. After kissing Malachi and dealing with the hickey incident; I'd rather not go home and deal with my parents. If they were to find out what really happened I'd be dead meat. My father would never forgive me and would probably kick me out into the streets. I would have nowhere to go. They'll never accept my interests no matter how had I try to explain them. Last year I was grounded for even accidently purchasing a book about LGBT rights and how to knowledge one's true self. They had burned the book right in front of me and casted me into the church for forgiveness. I remember not speaking for weeks to anyone about what happened. I refused to eat and go to school, pretending I was sick so they would believe me and leave me alone. It worked for a while but soon enough they stopped caring and sent me to school anyway. I was failing two classes so honestly I needed to go.

 Life was not what I expected at all. I was stuck in a odd position of figuring out my sexuality and learning to love myself. Having unsupporting parents and friends who would find every opportunity to ruin your good name. 

I stumbled in the driveway as rain was pouring from the grey overcast. It was quite annoying as I pull out my keys and attempted to open the front door only to see my father standing in front of the door. "Want to explain something to me?"

"What's wrong dad?" I fumbled with the keys in my hand and struggled to speak. 

"We got a call from the school saying you didn't sign up for an extra class this year."

"Oh I um, figured since I was ahead that I could use my free period to keep caught up on homework." I wasn't lying.

"Ah I see, well that's a good idea. Come inside before your mother has a fit of you ruining the wood floors."

I shot him a smile as I brushed past him and tossed my bag onto the couch. "Oh dad, Miles and I are working on an early project and I need to stay at his house tonight. Is that okay?"

"Of course. Please make sure you are back before dinner tomorrow."

I nodded and made my way upstairs to my room. After closing the door I flopped on the bed and pulled out my phone. Nobody really texted me or called unless it was Miles. Most of our conversations were about video games and who he had a crush on at that time. 

I texted Miles to update him on tonight before tossing my phone aside and grabbing some better clothes for the party. A hot shower seemed like a great idea but sadly I only had an hour before the party started. I quickly took a five minute shower and fixed my hair. My natural brunet curly hair that never sat right on my head unless I added layers of gel into it. I sprayed cologne and brushed my teeth. I glanced up and forgot about the band aid on my neck. "Fuck." I really hope my father didn't notice it. I peeled it away and sighed, it looked much darker than earlier. A loud buzz caught my attention as I exited the bathroom and saw my phone lighting up. "Miles.."

(Miles) - I'll be at the party in 30 minutes. See you there.

I gathered up my bag and threw in some other clothes along with some school stuff to make it look like I was telling the truth. I covered my neck with my hoodie and left my room. Mom was downstairs cooking dinner while dad was watching football. "Alright, I'm heading out. Love you both." 

Mom peeked her head out of the kitchen and waved back with her spatula. " Be safe and eat."

"I will, see you both tomorrow." I put on my shoes and walked out the door into the muggy hot air. The clouds had let up a bit but I knew it would rain more later. I opened the car door and tossed my bag into the passenger side seat. As I my way to the other side I heard a shout from down the street. "Hey Luca!"

I glanced over and saw the one boy I wish could disappear forever.