Chapter 23

I stared at the other customer in a daze; my eyes trying to refocus. "Excuse me." The older gentleman said as he entered a stall. I blinked a few times and brushed my clothes as I had a obvious boner. "The fuck is wrong with me." I whispered for myself. My cell phone buzzed in my pocket.
Micah had texted me asking if I was okay. I sighed as I left the bathroom and quickly found him in a window booth. "Hey, sorry."
"No worries, you okay?"

"Yeah, I was on the phone with my brother."

"Okay. Is everything all good?"

"Oh yeah. Uh what did you get us?"
I smiled at him nervously as I sat down. My eyes were darting to the corner booth every so often.
"I got you an iced mocha. It's cold and tasty and a go to for most people. Seemed simple."

I smiled at him again and took a sip. My eyes lit up as I took another sip. "This is so good!"

"Glad you like it. So tell me about yourself? I'd like to know it all."

"I enjoy painting and writing. I uh pretty much ace all my classes so I guess you can call me a nerd. I have an older brother who you met. His name is Mitchell. He usually isn't around cause of college. But I hope that once I graduate I can go to Columbia for an arts program. I'm easy to get along with as I can be an open book."

Micah simply nodded and smiled at my words. "Well as you know Luca, I work as an aid at the hospital during the mornings and afternoons. And at night I work as a bust boy at a local bar. It's called Genie. Sometimes I get to make the drinks but only when the fun boss is in."

"I thought you had to be 21 to serve?"

"Typically you have to be older than 18 but I turn at the end of the year. So I get to sometimes."

"I'm 16. My birthday is next year in May."

"What grade you in?"

"Sophomore. You?"

"Junior."

I sighed in relief. I still get more time with him. "Anything else you'd like to know?"

Micah took a drink and set his cup down before speaking. "I know this will come off weird like but what's your sexuality?"

"Oh..uh..I recently came out as..gay."

Micah smiled. "That's so cool. I'm proud of you for being brave. Have you told anyone else?"

I moved back in my seat. "Just my brother and my friend Miles."

"Well thank you for telling me."

"What about you?"

"I'm straight. But I'm very supportive of LGBTQ+ individuals. Everyone deserves to be happy with their bodies and emotions and love."

I felt my heart sink a bit. Like I had a chance....

"Sorry.."

Micah looked confused. "Why are you sorry?"

"I thought you uh...liked me..i know it sounds dumb but...uh never..mind."

Micah took ahold lf my hands. "Don't feel bad please. I know personally I come off as gay when I talk and approach people. That's my fault. I just hope we can be friends."

"Of course. I'd like that."

Micah had such a warm smile. Everything was gonna be okay.. That was until asshole walked up to our booth with Claire. "Hey Luca."

I ignored him and took a drink. Really hoping he would just leave. 

"Hi, I'm Micah. You are?"

"Malachi. This is Claire. We are friends of Luca."