Chapter 22

I drove to the lake to get my mind off of the disaster I called life. Once I arrived I parked the car and moved my seat back so I could lay. Staring at the ceiling of my car my eyes filled with tears once more. I could barely think because of the intense cramping of my stomach. It hurts so much. My heart was breaking for a boy who used me like a cheap dollar store toy. One that breaks after you play with it a couple times. That's what I was..a broken used toy. I was nothing special..not to him and definitely not to anyone. Malachi was the first person I genuinely had feelings for. He made my body experience euphoria. What do I do now? How could he say he wasn't into boys and yet do those things with me? Nobody in their right mind just kisses the same sex for the pleasure of fucking up their lives.
*knock knock*
I was startled from thoughts to see an officer standing next to my car. His hand was on the window where he previously knocked. I rolled the window down. "Yes?"

"You can't park in these spots sir. They are for boat parking."

"Oh..uh I'm sorry. I didn't see a sign. My apologies."

He gave me a bullshit look like he didn't believe me.  "Okay well you got to move. There are car parking spots just up the road. Next time it won't be a warning."

"Yes sir." He backed away from my car and I waited till he left before leaving myself. I decided to just drive home where Mitchell was waiting for me on the porch steps.
"Uh hey."
He glanced up looking pissed.  He flicked the butt of the cigarette onto the ground.  "Where the hell did you go?"

"I went to take Miles home."

"I know that part but if I remember correctly, he only lives 5 minutes away. You were gone for a couple hours."

"I went for a walk at the trails near the lake. I must've forgotten to leave it on the note."

"I see. Well you got lucky. Don't just leave, especially since the incident."

"I know. I'm sorry."

Mitchell stood up and brushed his clothes off. "You want breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry right now."

"Okay, well if you get hungry, let me know."

"I will."
I watched him walk off to the kitchen while I stood in the doorway contemplating everything. That was before I realized I was hanging with Micah later. I ran up the stairs and in a panic tried to clean my room up. Tossing the trash in the bin while collecting random water bottles scattered around my room. When did I start doing this? I chuckled. "Half of these are still somewhat full."

I finished up and took a seat in my chair. What was  I gonna wear? I had the same lousy clothes of just black and grey. I really needed to step up my options. I stared at my closet door in full concentration that my phone startled me from the ringtone. 

11 A.M. Micah

"Hey, Mind if I come by earlier? I have a shift that popped up last minute."

I could feel a smile creep across my face as I texted back. 

11:02 A.M. 

"Sure! I'm free right now."

I tossed my phone aside and decided to throw on some grey shorts that stopped right at the knees and a old grey hoodie. After dressing I sprayed come cologne and brushed my teeth. I happened to glance at the mirror and the skin that wasn't fully covered on my neck was red. I had old hickey marks from the asshole. "Fuck..I hope he doesn't see these." 

"Hey bro! Someone just pulled in the driveway!"

"Okay! I'm coming!"

I ran my hand through my hair to kind of fix it before rushing downstairs before the doorbell even rang. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before opening the door. "Hey."