Jealous?

Louis's POV

"Who's Rebecca?" Roxanne asks,
looking jealous.

I would've started laughing if I wasn't just as knee-deep in the same shit.

"Uhm.." Zayn starts, "A friend."

Zayn's the 'honest-abe' of the lads. He and Liam both.

They'd never have the heart to fib to their girlfriends.

I couldn't always say the same for myself.

I have to scarcely tiptoe around Luna's vigilant ego.

Sure she's difficult, blowing me off to be with her friends or after- hours with Julian getting her work done.

But no matter how hard she tries, her propensity makes it obvious how indispensable I am in her life.

God forbid Eleanor step in to compete for my affections.

It's cute still.

"You could have told me before you snuck out like that."

"It shouldn't matter to you" I reply, "We'd broken up ages ago. It was a one time thing. If you were out meeting a lad, I wouldn't mind."

I hear myself lie worse than I usually can.

"At least I don't have a 'collection.'"

"You're being ridiculous" I snort, "You
know you're the only one."

That seems to piss her off.

"You man slut!"

I frown and watch her go.

Niall states at me with a contorted expression of contempt and idiocy.

"That's what she said, lad."

There are two kinds of jealousy; jealousy and envy.

Envy as in the desire to obtain another's possessions.

Mine; being Zayn's face.

The lads are all envious of that sexy motherfucker.

Jealousy; when they who
already obtain the possession feel threatened by a third person, occurring most commonly in romantic relationships.

The very thing threatening the lasses today.

But with Luna being as credulous as she is; believing Eleanor a challenge, loses her coherence every time.

But I wouldn't blame her.

It's a complex emotion for someone as inexperienced as herself to comprehend.

I draw the cig out of the box and toy with it for a few seconds until I hear the sliding door open behind.

"Hey" Roxanne greets, nonchalantly.

Her styled ebony hair is pulled into a ponytail, amber eyes accompanied by their usual black liner.

She doesn't look like a mess as I would have perceived after giving Zayn a piece of her mind.

"Hey love."

"Pass me that blunt?" She asks. (Lol)

I know better not to refuse.

"How's the rest of the lot?" I inquire, handing over the joint of pot.

She shrugs;
"Lily and Harry are a little bit awkward at the moment. I haven't seen Liam or Niall recently. And Luna went somewhere with Harry."

I raise an eyebrow.

What would they possibly be doing?

"They're going birthday shopping for Lily I think."