Obliviously imprudent

Luna's POV

I pull away, leaving him absolutely dumbfounded. His downturned cyan eyes brim with astonishment, brows raise and lips part, the masculine lines of his face broadening.
I would've kissed him sooner if I knew he'd react like THAT. .
"Close your mouth" I order, "You look like a fish."
He smirks genuinely.
"Couldn't keep your hands off me now could you, love?"
I want to slap that smartass grin right off his face. But I resist the impulse even though I'm aching to do so. Temptation can be fought but instinct always succeeds.
I'm aware that I had four glasses of wine. So I'll just use that to counteract his bragging rights.
"Sure" I reply dryly.
"We're here!" Roxanne calls from the other room. It's about time. What do she and Zayn even do? Well besides mating like animals in a bush.
There's some crazy people in New York City..
"We're playing a game!" Harry announces.
And so we gather in the living room.

• • •

"We have a shitload of time to kill" Niall states.
"We could play a game" Lily suggests.
"What kind of game?" Roxanne inquires.
Harry smirks, his mind probably brewing something cunning and impish.
"Ditz stripping?"
I scrunch my nose.
"That sounds vulgar" I acknowledge.
"Precisely" Louis replies, "We had to stop when Harry was left in his boxers. That's where the ditz part comes in.."
(Ditz- a dumb foolish person)
"Yeah but this time we'll be playing with girls" Harry says before asking, "Hey Lil, what do your panties look like?"
"Piss off Harry" she snaps, cheeks growing florid.
Niall turns to the couple seated on the couch.
"Hey Liam, care to join us? Sophia can play too."
Liam let's out an exasperated sigh at Harry's suggestion of such a juvenile idea for fun.
"I'm sorry love" he apologizes to his girlfriend.
"Thanks Niall but we'll pass" she says, hazel eyes gentle and amused.
She's just as kind as Liam. It's obvious they click.
Niall turns his attention back to us,
"Ditz stripping isn't that fair since we all know Harry's just fucking stupid."
Harry rolls his eyes.
"Thanks Ni."
"How about darts?" Liam asks, "They're in the studio."
It's an obvious attempt to get rid of us. But I wouldn't blame him.
"Strip darts sound bloody great!" Niall exclaims.

Niall of course was the first to lose. He shrugged and obliged immediately. Of course I didn't see. I was closing my eyes. But he seemed almost happy to go half naked. Strange boy..
I was surprised when Harry came out with the most wins. He was "pretty sucky with hand-eye coordination" as Zayn said.
But it was a surprise when Lily lost. A bigger surprise to how willingly she took her bottoms and top off. I didn't even have to look at Harry to know he was staring at her lustfully.
The game ends when he instructs she put her clothes back on, silencing the lascivious remarks coming from Louis and Niall.
More drinking comes next of course.
I sigh and pour a glass of water. Maybe it'll help. I never thought if be THIS sensitive to alcohol.
Even the light hurts my eyes until Lily graciously dims it.
I sit on the garnished wooden conference table next to Harry, watching the rest challenge each other to a drunken game of pool.
"Can I get you some champagne?" He offers, green eyes sparkling mischievously.
"Why?"
He shrugs,
"Your the only one more innocent than Lily. It'd be funny to see you wasted."
I frown.
"Your disgusting."
He just smirks like an idiot.
"Regular or do you like that pink shit?"
I don't know why I gave in.
I lost a lot of things in life; my textbooks, my shoes, my gloves. I never thought it would be my lunch and dinner.
(Poetic for: I threw up)

Lily's POV

The loud raucous voices of a drunk Irish boy accompanied by Louis and Roxanne as they argue over pool make my head throb. I never thought I'd be so stressed. Harry still hasn't moved from the couch, playing something on his phone. Liam would be upstairs with Sophia. As for Luna, I haven't the slightest idea. I make my way upstairs to the kitchen. Maybe a cup of water will help me sober up. I don't feel like returning once I've reached the top of the stairs.
I walk into the modernized kitchen tiled white and mauve. I find Zayn seated on the cherrywood island. Once my stilettos make contact with the floor, he turns.
"Hello love" he greets.
"Hi" I chirp, "I'm just getting a drink."
He nods nonchalantly and gets up off the counter.
"Water?"
I nod.
He pours me a glass.
"Thank you" I accept graciously.
Zayn is really sweet while Roxanne would never go out of her way to do any of us a favor. Except for Zayn of course.
"You wouldn't mind if I stayed up here, would you?" I ask him.
He flashes me a grin of sincerity.
"Not at all love."
I take a seat on the counter parallel to the island. His ebony hair is loose, framing his face rather than having it all gelled as he used to.
"How's Harry been?" he questions, a polite attempt to break the silence.
I let out a laugh.
"A pervert."
"He's in good health then" Zayn replies, exchanging the grin.
"And Roxanne? Are you keeping her grounded? Or is that impossible?" I joke lightly.
He takes a drink from his red solo cup, mumbling something I believe was; "Barely."
"Yeah she's," I search for a word, "intense dating her I bet.."
He shakes his head and offers a feeble smile.
"I'll overlook it. We started of, y'know. A bit rough. But I love her, though I'm not sure she can fully concur."
"I think she loves you" I state, "Maybe even more than Luna and I" I jest.
He sighs wistfully,
"Harry thinks she loves me for my dick, not my heart."
"Well Harry can be an asshole" I acknowledge.
"Yeah" he agrees, "make sure you keep him grounded, else he'll think he's something important.."
"Did you ask her out yet?" I question.
"Of course."
"What did she say?"
"She agreed she'd be my girlfriend. But she was surprised. Is that bad? I don't want her to have agreed for my sake if she didn't want to be more than what we were."
"Roxanne will tell you right away how she feels about you. It's rare she'll make decisions based on her emotions. It's smart to be rational that way," I explain before concluding, "Zayn, it's blatant. Of course she loves you."
"Your sure?"
"I've known her all my life. I'm positive" I assure him.
"Thank you love" he says, topaz almond eyes brimmed with recognition. They're strikingly similar to Roxanne's.
"Sure."
"Can I help you with any of your concerns with Harry?" He asks, "I'll be glad to help. If you have any that is."
"Hmm," I ponder, "Maybe a few."
I've gotten to trust Zayn recently. He seems like the kind of person who can be relied on with secrets. And I'm sure we'll have this alliance for as long as we have Harry and Roxanne.
I feel a bit guilty asking but I know it'll kill me if I don't,
"Has he ever gone out of his way for anyone else as he has for me?"
Zayn looks up for a minute, pondering.
"I really can't say he has, love. I hate admitting it, but I always believed he was a little narcissist. He definitely proved me wrong. Guess he finally cleaned up his act for you. It's not something he does often, I'll tell you that."
I smile at the thought of being important to Harry. More important than anyone else he's been with.
The seething ' else' tugs at me. It makes my blood run cold and I get an anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach.
"Would you happen to know how many girls he's had sex with?"
"Your a sweet lass Lil, I don't want to hurt your feelings" he replies sheepishly.
I let out a dismal sigh.
"It's alright. I kind of figured.."
"He says he'd take it all back for you."
I feel a pang of relief.
"Really?"
He nods.
"See, Harry's kind of a sex pig. He has this sex drive. He's horny too much. Needs to satisfy himself. Much like Roxanne. I know I shouldn't be talking. But then again, I let her use me. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices and put other people before yourself.." He trails off.
"But he's better than he used to be. He won't make you do anything you don't want to. Your the best thing that's happened to not only him but the lads too."
I smile at the last part.
"Thank you Zayn."
"No, thank you Lil."
He slides off the cherrywood counter and I do the same.
"I'm going downstairs if that's alright. Thanks for your help. I'm glad I have someone to talk to."
And I realize my words aren't false. I value Zayn's eloquence. He's a good listener unlike Luna; who gets bored within the first two minutes of conversation and Roxanne who just genuinely doesn't care.
"Hey Zayn?" I ask.
"Yeah love?"
I turn to face him, looking for any signs of reassurance in his topaz eyes before embracing him.
He reciprocates the gesture.
It's a mutual hug shared by two friends. I didn't do just Zayn a favor. So if this makes her jealous then I'll say it again; I'm sorry Roxanne.