Suck it up

Louis's POV

I forgot what Briggs's cousin's name was.

Billy maybe?

No that isn't black sounding enough.

Luna and I align ourselves as he instructs for the waltz.

"This is what old married couples do" she whispered.

"Maybe we'll be that old married couple one day."

"Well you're already old so probably."

I roll my eyes.

"The gentleman will lead the dance, while the lady follows his motions. Once that is perfected, we will add more advanced steps."

This should be easy enough.

She rests her one hand on my bicep and the second out to meet mine in front of her.

I place my right hand on her upper back and we stand directly in front of each other.

"The gentleman will take a step forward and the lady will move her foot back to allow this motion."

I look down at our feet and do as he says.

"Now move the right foot to the side and close them together. The lady will copy his motions."

"The gentleman will step back with his right foot and the left will move level to it. Now bring the right to close it. Both partners will close their feet together following the gentleman."

Seems simple enough.

I get confused on a few steps which messes Luna up too considering she's supposed to be following my lead.

"It's from left to right so you can't have the same foot twice" she says.

"That makes more sense."

I try it again and she follows my steps.

I try to think of it like marking in football.

But if that's so, I'm the one playing forward.

"Now we're going to add a reverse turn. The man will broaden his step, the lady will put her right foot between the man's spread feet and twist out with her left foot. Keep on your toes, not flat on the heel."

I look over to watch Roxanne and Zayn do it.

She might be a bitch but she's an amazing dancer.

I really sucked at hip hop but I guess I'm mediocre at this.

She tries to step between his legs but he makes the wrong move and steps on her foot.

"Zayn!"

"I'm sorry. Are you alright?"

"See, I'm better at this than him" I remark.

"Mhm" Luna hums.

She pulls her left foot around and I twist my body to meet hers again.

"Switch your partners for Tango."

Roxanne walks right past me but I grab her arm.

"Will you be my partner?"

"No."

"Please?" I beg.

Niall's girlfriend is the only one left and she's way taller than me.

"I don't know Lou. For this dance?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"It's..intimate."