Coincidental

Luna's POV

I hear someone throwing up in the bathroom at 7:00 am.

Alcohol makes people so stupid.

We're scheduled to be at the studio in an hour, so everyone has to be up.

Roxanne and Zayn will be late obviously.

And since everyone else is suffering from their hangovers, the team is going to have a hard time writing music with just Liam and I there.

Lily isn't in her bed, so I'm guessing
she's the poor causality of vomiting.

I walk into the kitchen where Liam and Niall are.

"I'll see you at three then?-

Sounds good."

Liam hangs up his phone.

"Goodmorning lass" he greets.

I reciprocate, and fill the tea kettle over the sink.

The majority will probably want some.

"We're supposed to be there at eight, right?" I question.

"Porters delayed it two hours," Niall affirms; dissecting his waffle, "Says she wants to talk to us."

It falls in pieces on his plate.

"Oh" Liam mutters, sensing the ominousness.

I frown, feeling kind of feverish too.

I don't mind breaking rules when the matters are trivial, but I fear punishment from Natalie.

I'll defend my friends if I need to, but I won't tolerate being blamed for something I didn't do.

The water steams and hisses when it comes to a boil, snapping me out of my muse.

"Do you all know why you're here?" Natalie asks, her patience wearing thin as a bomb before it detonates.

We all sit around the round table in the studio, existing for long, incessant diatribes.

Ruth-Anne and Jamie are to her left as Julian is to her right.

He muses the pen through his thick brown mustache.

Ruth-Anne looks down at her ink work.

"Mrs-Ms.." she struggles.

Louis laughs dryly.

He's silenced by a reprimanding glance from Natalie, speaking just as loud as a rebuke.

"Mr. Malik and Ms. Rodriguez are not present."

"Well," Natalie scoffs, "I guess we'll just have to wait around for them before we begin."

I play with the aglets of my combat boots.

No one really says anything.
The buzzer bleats, meaning someone's at the door.

Julian gets up to answer it, and comes back with Zayn and Roxanne.

Lily's POV

"I am exceedingly disappointed with your choice of yesterdays conduct" Natalie begins, "The lot of you have become far too imprudent. You smoke, drink yourselves ill, and go jaunting stark on the beach. In fact, i believe my occupation has now become fruitless.
I am truly impotent to govern such defiant young children who take me for no more than a fool."

I dig my nails into my palms.

She never trusts us.

Believes we're always doing wrong.