Frustrating

Grandpa has a meeting to attend, so he offered to drop me off at the resort. He will join me later, once his meeting is over.

I packed my hair in a bun as usual because it is too long and gets in the way sometimes. I got into
Grandpa's car and we were at the resort in no time.

"Chen will help you with whatever you need. Don't hesitate to ask him," Grandpa said as he dropped me off.

"Okay, Grandpa, be safe," I said as he drove off. I waved goodbye and watched him drive away until he was out of sight. I then turned towards the resort and walked inside.

I walked into the private lounge and saw Mr. Chen with a lady, so I immediately turned away, not wanting to intrude on their conversation.

Before I could take a step, I heard Mr. Chen's voice, making me turn. "There you are," he said, his face brightening with a smile. He came over and hugged me. "Tian told me you were coming. Let me introduce you to my wife." He gestured toward the table.

When we walked over, I saw her face and noticed her petite frame. Although she was in her late 50s, her face was youthful, and her eyes sparkled with life.

I greeted her politely, and she smiled, embracing me with her warm welcome. "It's so nice to meet you," she said. "We are so glad you are here. Please make yourself at home."

Thank you very much," I replied.

Yang, take him to the private pool upstairs, Mr Chen said.

I thanked him and followed Yang.

As I entered the pool area, I was immediately struck by the contrast between the brightness outside and the dimly lit atmosphere inside. The air was warm and cozy, and the walls were lined with comfortable lounge chairs and couches.

At the end of the room was a large pool with a bar on the opposite side. The floor was tiled with marble, and there was a stone fireplace in the corner. The whole area was inviting.

I sat down on one of the lounge chairs, and a server approached me.

"What can I get for you?" he asked.

"I'd like a cocktail with mild or no alcohol," I said, and he nodded.

"Why don't you just have a beer?" Lorenzo chimed in from behind as he hugged my shoulder and pulled my bun, letting my hair fall.

"You know you can't resist a cold brew!" He winked and walked over to sit beside me.

You kept your word; thanks for coming. I was so bored. Lorenzo smiled.

You're welcome, I smiled back.

It's comforting to know I can count on you. Let's find something fun to do to pass the time. Lorenzo said as we sipped our beer.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked.

"How about we swim?" He suggested.

I frowned. "I don't know how to swim," I replied.

He laughed heartily. "Don't worry, I'll teach you," he said, and he started stripping off his clothes.

I tied my hair back in a bun and slowly removed my clothes, leaving only my briefs on. I nervously glanced at Lorenzo, wondering if it was a wise idea to get into the water with him.

Lorenzo entered the pool first and stretched his hand out to me. I took it and carefully stepped into the water. At first, the water was cold, but I soon adjusted to it. We practiced some basic swimming techniques, with Lorenzo guiding me through the movements. After a few minutes, my confidence grew, and I moved easily.

Lorenzo suggested we go to his room, where there is a jacuzzi. As he looked at me, his eyes moved down my body and lingered in my mid-region while he licked his lips.

I laughed, "Lorenzo, take your mind out of the gutter!"

Why? Lorenzo asked, moving close to me as he pulled my bun. He traced his fingers along my chest. "No one has ever told you that you are handsome and they want to get down with you."

Sean. I stepped back from Lorenzo as I heard a familiar voice call my name. The voice carried so much anger that I couldn't stand it. I turned to see the nameless guy standing behind me, glowering with his arms crossed.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He asked, glaring at Lorenzo.

"We are going to die," I murmured to Lorenzo, my heart pounding in my chest. I couldn't believe this was happening. The nameless guy seemed so angry, and I was scared of what he might do.

Joykill, Lorenzo hissed before walking out of the pool.

I stepped out and headed towards the shower. My skin glistens with water droplets. The warm water from the showerhead cascades down, washing away chlorine and leaving me revitalized.

Reaching for a nearby towel, I gently dabbed water from my body.

I walked back to my clothes. The echoes of my footsteps broke the silence.

I could feel his icy glare still upon me. He had been standing there the entire time, watching my every move and shooting me daggers with his eyes. I didn't look at him until I was dressed. Taking one last deep breath, I grabbed my beer, took a long sip, and turned to leave.

"Where do you think you are going?" He asked in a monotone voice.

I turned around and calmly looked him in the eye. "I'm off to grab a beer. If you have something to say, say it. However, don't expect me to stick around and listen to your complaints until you tell me what your exact problem is." With that, I turned and walked out without looking back.

I headed to the pool downstairs and found Lorenzo there with some friends. Without hesitation, I joined them. Feeling guilty, I mustered up the courage to apologize.

"I'm sorry about all that," I said, hoping for forgiveness. To my surprise, Lorenzo shrugged it off, a genuine smile forming on his face.

"I understand it's complicated," he said as he handed me a beer. "But don't worry about it. Let's just enjoy the day." I was relieved that he had accepted my apology and was willing to let bygones be bygones. We spent the rest of the afternoon talking and laughing.

Having not heard from my mom for a while, I decided to call her, but my phone was not in my pocket.

I realized I left my phone on the couch upstairs. I cursed under my breath and quickly excused myself from the group. I rushed back upstairs to search for my phone, but it was nowhere to be found.

I saw a figure sitting on the floor, hunched over a phone, sobbing. I recognized him as the guy I had seen earlier.

He slowly raised his head, and I saw his red, tear-filled eyes. He held my phone and handed it to me. I looked at the screen and saw my mom was on.

Hello, I said on the phone, and my mom ranted.

"What?" I was surprised by her reaction. Feeling overwhelmed by the situation, I politely requested to call her back.

"Wow," I said, still unable to wrap my head around what she said.

Clearing my throat, I asked, "Why did you tell my mom that you were my boyfriend and I cheated on you?"

He stood up and tried to walk away, but I pulled him back and hissed, "Can you fucking explain to me what you were thinking?"

He pulled away from me, hissing, "I don't owe you any explanation!" He tried to escape the situation, but I refused to let him go.

"Not after the stunt you pulled with my mom," I said firmly. "You have to explain yourself right now, or else I'm not letting you go." I stared him down, demanding an explanation for his behavior.