Ashamed.

Wang's Pov.

He pulled me closer, his eyes narrowing, demanding an explanation. I could feel the tension in the air, but I held my ground. "I don't owe you any explanation," I said firmly, my voice laced with defiance.

"Not after the stunt you pulled," he said, hinting at resentment. The room fell silent as our confrontation hung in the air, each of us standing our ground, unwilling to back down.

I didn't know what else to do, so I decided to do the only thing that would annoy him. Don't you have somewhere to be? Go and finish what you started with Lorenzo. I sneered.

So that's the problem. You are jealous of some random guy and won't talk to me. He laughed.

"Jealous of Lorenzo? What could I be jealous of? I'm just trying to save you time. That's all."

He sighed, saying, "If I had said I was jealous, it would have made him feel loved and wanted."

"If only he knew how jealous I am, he wouldn't have said what he just said now. I wish he could understand how much I care about him."

He was about to open the door when I grabbed the handle and spoke.

"Wait," I said, my voice softening. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." I looked into his eyes; my gaze was sincere.

Please explain why you are sorry. He asked.

I looked back up and said, "I'm sorry for talking to your mom the way I did. It was wrong."

I could not tell him I was sorry for not expressing my feelings because my father would kill us both.

Can you stop giving me mixed signals? It's confusing and frustrating. This minute you act like a possessive boyfriend, and the next minute you act like you don't care. He said softly.

"I'm sorry," I said, moving away from him. "I don't mean to give you mixed signals. I just don't know how to express it."

"Just talk to me. I'm willing to listen and understand. I know it's not easy, but I'm here for you." He said.

"It's okay," I said. "I think it's wiseto leave. I need some time to think things through. I don't want to confuse you or stress you out."

"My name is Blake," I added, looking away. "It's an alias only my dad and Lee know about. Once I get back home, I'm sure another passport will be waiting for me."

"Blake," he repeated, loving how it rolled off his tongue. He looked into my eyes, cupped my face, and said, "Take all the time you need. I'll be here when you're ready."

I wanted to kiss him at that moment. His hand felt so right on my face, but I smiled weakly at him before turning around and walking out the door, disappearing into the corridor. I wanted to stay, but I knew I couldn't.