Alive

I cried my eyes out before Williams dragged me to the car. Lee and Wang were in another car with Yanli, and all I wanted to do was choke them to death. Just before Williams drove off, Mr. Fengmian arrived at the right moment, gave his boys the order to take Wang's father away, and he got in the car with us.

No way that this could be happening to me. It is impossible for her to die. All of this is a dream, correct? I inquired.

Yanli is okay, and when I wake up from this terrible nightmare, everything will be as it was before. Certainly, this must be a dream, and I must awaken before going insane.

Williams, are you in my dream or am I in yours? I asked. I must wake up, whichever one it is. This is too much for my heart. My only hope in this world is this person, and I can not imagine losing them.

Mr. Sean, could you please just relax? You are not dreaming. Once we arrive at the hotel, we will speak. Mr. Fengmian replied.

Would you please just shoot me, choke me, or do something else and let me perish? Pain choked my throat as I screamed.

Sean, please stop being so dramatic. Williams stated.

You are driving, aren't you? I asked Williams, just hit the accelerator and let us die. You claimed that Yanli is your goddaughter and that you adore her, I believe. How come you seem so at ease? I yelled at him and lunged forward, but Mr. Fengmain grabbed me before I could touch the steering. He put pressure on my neck and held me down.

Yes, this is it. Apply a little more pressure. I prayed in my heart and he did. When I started losing consciousness I was happy. "Wait for me, baby" I smiled and everything went black.

I'm not sure how long I was asleep, but I hated everyone I saw when I woke up.

"Dad," Yanli said and hugged me. I'm glad you're awake.

Yanli, I jolted out of bed. Please tell me this is not a dream. Goodness, I'm glad you're better. I had a terrible dream. I said crying and I hugged her.

I'm sorry I had to make you sleep, you weren't thinking straight. It was not a dream. Mr. Fengmain replied.

I'm seeing Yanli. Am I hallucinating? I cried.

You are not hallucinating. Yanli is fine. Lee called me that Mr. Wu Wang knew about Yanli being Wang's daughter and said the man can be crazy so he advised us to wear bulletproof for her. Mr. Fengmain replied.

I told you she'd be fine. Lee replied.

Yanli, please no matter what happens next time don't ever enter in front of a bullet. Ever again. Please, I cried.

Dad, he was going to kill you. Yanli cried.

I'd rather it be me than you. I hissed. Don't ever do that again.

I can't bear the thought of you dying, Dad, and even if I wasn't wearing a bulletproof vest I'd do. Yanli replied her eyes swollen.

It's my duty to protect you, not the other way around. Yanli. I hissed.

Enzo and Aiden choose that moment to walk in. And Enzo in his crazy mind pulled out his gun and pointed it to Wang. "Give me one reason I should not kill you right now" Your maniac father picked the wrong family to mess with. Enzo said, his voice icy and his eyes void of emotion.

Enzo, drop the gun, I said as I stand in front of Wang.

Sean, why are you still protecting him? Why have you not strangled him? Enzo hissed.