Agony

While I waited for Qin and Enzo, I called Lee.

"I'm close," he informed me, before ending the call.

As Qin approached, I noticed her beaming smile. I quickly stood up from my seat and pulled out the chair for her to sit in. I made sure she was comfortable, and she eagerly shared, "The baby just kicked!" I couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement, remembering our earlier conversation about wanting to feel the baby move. She assured me she would let me know when it was okay to touch her tummy next time.

Hi baby, I'm your "daddy" I said as I gently touched Qin's tummy, careful not to make her feel uncomfortable. "I can't wait to meet you," I smiled, tears welling up in my eyes. "You're going to meet Uncle Lee, and we'll also visit your other daddy," I said, my voice caught with emotion.

I need you to explain what happened to Lee before I talk to him; I told Qin.

"What if he says no?" she asked with a frown on her face.

I assured her, easing her concern. "He won't,". Lee has always been supportive, and he genuinely cares about Blake. I'm confident that he will be excited to talk to you and be a part of our journey. Qin nodded, her frown dissipating, as we continued to discuss our plans for the future.

What did you tell Lee? Enzo asked, handing Qin a sandwich, vanilla milkshake, and bottled water.

"Lee! is here!" I exclaimed, my voice filled with equal parts shock and delight.

You didn't see him? Enzo asked, surprised.

"No, I didn't see him," I replied, surprise evident in my voice. "But he mentioned he was close when I called him earlier!"

"He seemed upset," Enzo explained. "I saw him arguing with someone. The person was crying and rushed to the car, and Lee followed him, entered the car, and drove off. I'm not sure what happened."

"I guess bad luck follows me everywhere," Qin hissed with frustration. "I told you he wouldn't come." The disappointment in her voice was palpable as we tried to make sense of what could have happened to Lee.

"Don't jump to conclusions," Enzo reassured Qin. "Lee is not the type of person to let us down. Something must have come up that prevented him from meeting us. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and wait for him to explain."

With no luck reaching Lee, I suggested to Qin, "Since we can't get a hold of him, why don't we visit Blake? I'm sure Lee will reach out to me when he's ready to meet. Maybe he just needs some time."

Okay. She reluctantly stood up with her food bag and Enzo called a taxi. On the drive to visit Blake, my heart keeps pounding. I almost told the driver to turn around and head to the airport. But I couldn't ignore the overwhelming desire to see him, and more importantly, his baby. My heart felt heavy with pain as we continued, hoping that Lee would eventually call me.

Wait for us, we won't take long. Enzo told the driver as he parks in front of the cemetery.