Saddest goodbye

When we landed, I felt a lightness on my shoulder that woke me up. I looked around and my grandfather's voice broke the silence, announcing we had reached our destination. I stood up and walked out of the plane.

My grandfather quickly gathered our bags while I just stood there, lost in thought. The hustle and bustle of the airport faded away as I contemplated what was to come.

As we stepped outside to the parking lot, I noticed my mother rushing towards me. She embraced me in a sweet and warm hug, the kind that I longed for. However, instead of feeling comforted, I sensed a distance and coldness within myself. The hug only intensified my emotions, making me feel even more lost.

A car was already waiting for us, parked nearby. We approached it, and I took my place between my grandmother and mother. My grandfather sat at the front.

As we settled into our seats, my mother reached over and hugged me again. This time, she broke the silence. "I am sorry for your loss," she said, her voice filled with compassion. "I know how much you loved Blake."

I nodded silently, tears streaming down my face. The pain of losing someone so close to me washed over me, making it difficult to speak. All I could do was cry, unable to find the words to express my grief.

The car ride was silent, filled with a mix of sorrow and understanding.

I didn't know how long the car ride was, but when it parked in front of the building, I knew this was it. My heart skipped a beat, and as I stepped out of the car, my foot seemed to root itself to the ground. I tried to walk in, but my legs felt numb. I was sad. I can't say goodbye to Blake, where do I begin, what should I say?I can't.

Tears flowed freely down my cheeks as my mom and grandma each grabbed my hand and walked me inside. As I saw Lee, my heart broke even more. I rushed to him and hugged him tightly, noticing how much weight he had lost. It must have been just as difficult for him.

"What happened?" I asked, as I pulled away from Lee. "It was an accident," he replied, his voice filled with sadness.

"What kind of accident?" I hissed, frustrated.

"They started shooting at the park, and Blake got hit," he whispered, tears welling up in his eyes.

I broke down in tears again, my heart aching with the news. Desperation filled my voice as I pleaded with Lee, "Can I see him? Please, just one more time." Lee nodded, but his voice was filled with sorrow as he gently said, "No, Sean. It's better this way."

I fell down to my knees and screamed, letting out all the pain and anguish that had been building up inside me. The weight of the tragedy crushed me, and I couldn't bear the thought of never seeing Blake again.

When they covered him up, I felt my heart been covered as well. I sat there, unable to tear my eyes away from the sight. Lee sat beside me, broken and silent. My mother, grandmother, and grandfather surrounded us. I couldn't help but feel a deep sense of dread in the pit of my stomach as the reality of the situation hit me again.