13. Charlie

When we arrived at a large meadow where heaps of colorful tents were set up, we were immediately greeted by a man in a knight's costume. "Good day Lords, Lady. What do you want here?" "We want to talk with the participants," Sam replied, but the man shook his head. "Only noble knights or ladies are allowed to enter our peaceful village here. If you plan to join us, you will first need an audience with the queen. I will take you to her." He gave us a hand signal to follow him. We walked to a large, red tent and the knight told us to wait.

***
A few moments later we heard a woman's voice. "Come in." A young woman with red hair and a noble dress sat in front of us on a throne. Her head was decorated with a crown. "What are you doing here?" she asked curiously. Confused, I looked first at her and then at the boys. "You know each other?" She nodded. "Yes, we met on a case. I'm Charlie. Charlie Bradbury."
"Nice to meet you, Charlie. I'm Sara. We are here because we heard that some people disappeared and thought that maybe a monster could be behind it." Charlie began to laugh. "Yes, there are monsters that kidnap them. But the monsters aren't real. All of this is just roleplaying."
"Great" dean replied sarcastically and ran to the exit of the tent, but Charlie held him back. "Wait. While you're here, you might as well join in. It's fun. "I also get one of those knight costumes?" She smiled at him. "Yes, of course. And Sara could be my sister. And Sam..." But before she could finish speaking, Sam quickly interrupted her.
"No, this is not for me. I'd rather go home." While Sam said goodbye to Charlie, Dean and I changed. I pulled on a blue dress, decorated with golden embroidery. A matching diadem completed the outfit. When I saw Dean in his knight costume, I was speechless. He looked absolutely gorgeous. He grinned at me and then asked Charlie "What can we do now?"
"Everything you want. For example, you could fight monsters, participate in tournaments or find a woman. The best couple even gets a wedding. So, try to impress the ladies." She winked at him. "I've already found a lady" he replied and smiled at me. "The two of you? Wow, that's great. I would really like to see your wedding." I grinned and left the tent hand in hand with Dean. We were just about to join a group of people when Dean stopped me. "You look stunning, love." I grinned and kissed him briefly before continuing our way to the others. As Dean got me something to drink, Charlie joined me. "You look good together." Happily, I smiled at her. "I really like this whole roleplaying stuff."
"Yes, it's great," she agreed. "We do this once a year for three days. You are welcome to join us at any time. I think you fit in really well." While she spoke, Dean came back and offered me the drink. I thanked him and said goodbye to Charlie because Dean and I were going to start looking for the missing people. I told him again and again that it was just part of the game, but he disagreed. It seemed that this case was much more important to him than I thought. When we searched for them for an hour to no avail, we decided to ask Charlie for advice, but she was nowhere to be found. In their tent we found a map of the area. "Look," I said and pointed to a place in the forest that was marked in red. Dean nodded and we quickly made our way back to the entrance.
As we walked along a path in the forest, he told me about his first meeting with Charlie. Suddenly, we arrived at a small cottage.

On the brown wooden door was a sign with the inscription "Armory." Dean didn't even think to knock, but kicked the door in with his foot. We saw three people sitting tied to a chair. One of them was Charlie, who smiled kindly at us. " Behold, my dear friends. One of my knights has come to free us." We saw three people sitting tied to a chair. One of them was Charlie, who smiled kindly at us. " Behold, my dear friends. One of my knights has come to free us." Suddenly a man stood in front of us. He had two long rice teeth, but when I looked closer, I realized that they were not real. Slowly, I turned to Dean and whispered, "This is all really part of the role-play." Now he realized it too. He took out his wooden sword and held it to the man's head. "You are under arrest."

We freed Charlie and the others and ran back to the meadow. Everyone was clapping and cheering for us. Charlie took the floor again. "My loyal friends. My sister and this young man have freed us from the clutches of the evil monster. They have shown great courage and so they have earned their reward." Everyone cheered again. Two women came to us and put a diadem on my and a crown on Dean's head. We both looked at each other in surprise and confusion. "I allow you hereby to take my beloved sister as your wife. So, what do you say. Do you want to take this young woman as your wife the remaining hours?" Dean nodded and took my hand. "Yes." "And what about you little sister?" I grinned at him. "I do." Dean put his arm around me and kissed me tenderly.

***

We celebrated until late into the night. Charlie and I came closer and closer to each other during this time. I liked her very much. We shared a lot of interests. Around 3 a.m. Dean and I decided to go to sleep. We even got a tent all to ourselves. "So, it's our wedding night" Dean said with a grin and winked at me. I nodded and kissed him on the cheek. I had to giggle as he put his hands around my hips and carried me to the bed. While we kissed, I ran my fingers over his chain mail shirt. "Don't you think we should take off the shirt?" I asked with a mischivous grin. "It only disturbs us." Laughing he took it off and did the same with the shirt below. "We don't have to consummate the wedding today," he calmed me down. "We can do that anytime you like." I smiled at him and gave him another kiss. I loved that he was so caring. As I lay in his arms, I felt completely safe and protected. He took off my crown and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead.

***

I gave Charlie a tight hug and said goodbye before Dean and I headed back. When we entered the bunker, we were already impatiently awaited by Sam. "What took you guys so long?" Dean grinned amusingly at his brother. "Well, a wedding takes time." Sam stared at us in bewilderment, "A marriage? Who?" "Dean and I," I replied laughing. "What?" "Yeah, but just in the roleplaying world, so don't worry." Then we sat down together at the table and told Sam the whole story.