37. Rescue and Ritual

Someone knocked at my door. Dean came in and sat down next to me. "Baby?"
I smiled. "Yeah?"
"I wanted to tell you that I'm really sorry. I know I told you many times, but I can't forgive myself. Fortunately, Jack forgives quickly but nevertheless, sometimes, I am so stupid and aggressive."
I took his hand. "It's okay. Really. We all make mistakes. But you regret it and this shows, that you are a good person. You are one of the best people I know. And it means a lot to me, that you freed him, that you chose me."
"I would always choose you even if it meant the end of the world." I looked at him with shining eyes and kissed him passionately. He was so cute.

***
"Is this really okay for you?" Sam asked Jack with raised eyebrows. "Yes. If I talk to him, he saves your friend. And if I don't talk to him, he won't do it and your friend will be in danger. I will help you."
Lucifer smiled. "Good."
We had made a deal with him. He would save Adam from the other dimension, which was also called purgatory. All monsters went there after they died. He would connect Michael to a monster so that Adam would have his body again and then bring him back to this world. But for that, he wanted to talk to his son Jack.
Lucifer disappeared and we had to wait. We had no idea, how long it would take. An hour? A day? A week? But it didn't matter. We finally had a way to save Adam. We owed him that.
Unexpectedly, Lucifer reappeared after a few minutes, followed by Adam. I ran to Adam and hugged him tightly. "Good to see you again."
"Thanks for your help. It was awful there."
I laughed but then it came back to my mind. He had no idea, that I was dating Dean.
"Adam, I have to tell you something. Dean and I..."
"I know."
"You know? And it's okay for you?"
He smiled. "Michael told me. I talked with him many times, because it was very boring there. And yes, it is okay. Now, I just need a normal life without that hunting stuff."

After we said goodbye, Lucifer cleared his throat.
"I wanna talk with my son." Jack nodded and they walked into the other room. We couldn't hear them but we could see what was going on there.
"Lucifer must have something in mind," Dean whispered and indeed, there was a bright, white light and in the next moment, Lucifer was gone. Confused, we looked at Jack. "What did he do?" Sam asked.
"He just told me, that we could rule the world together and then he just disappeared."
All of a sudden, someone was standing behind me. I took out my angel blade and turned around.
"Gabriel?" A big smile appeared on my face.
"Surprise," he called and smirked at us.
"Now my brother is where he belongs. In purgatory."
I hugged him quickly. "Why did you help us?" Dean wanted to know. "Because he tried to kill me, more than once. He deserved that."
He threw us a last smile and disappeared.
Jack took the floor again.
"Lucifer also told me about a ritual. I'm sure that he told the truth. He wanted us to rule all humans and the
monsters would only disrupt his plans."

"Wait. What are you talking about?" Dean interrupted.
"He found a way to exterminate all living monsters. After this ritual, they will turn into humans again."
"Then let's do it!" Sam suggested.
"But there is a problem. All witches will lose their powers too. Your powers will be gone Sara. Completely."
My eyes widened. I never wanted to lose my powers. They were so awesome and I was so strong, but saving the world was worth more. "It's not a problem. Let's do it."

***
The ritual was difficult and we needed additional help from Rowena. She, Jack and I took each other's hands and started speaking the spell. We mixed different herbs with our blood and the blood form a monster, in this case a vampire from our last case.
All of a sudden, I stopped. "What's wrong?" asked Sam. "What about Cass and Gabriel and Crowley. It's much more complicated with them, isn't it? Will it work too, or will they...?" I couldn't finish the sentence. The feeling that I could lose them was just too massive. Jack smiled. "Don't worry. The ritual doesn't work with angels and
demons. But with everything else."
I exhaled relied and continued the spell.
I felt a strong pain. Also Rowena and Jack looked hurt. But it didn't last long, because then we had finished.
"Did it work?" Dean took a step towards us. I tried to use my magic, but I couldn't, not even the easiest spell.
I grinned. "Yes, it worked."