15. Hellhounds

"Come on Cass. Show me what you learned." He looked at me with his blue eyes for a moment before turning to the woman. "Did you notice anything strange the day
before your husband died? Like a flickering of the lights or a strange smell?" She shook her head. "No, I don't think so. He was just talking all the time about a dog that he apparently heard, but that was the neighbor's dog." I smiled slightly. "Thank you very much." We met with Sam and Dean in a small cafe in the middle of town. Dean took a sip of his beer. "What do you got?"
"We're probably dealing with hellhounds" Cass explained. "Oh no, I hate those things." Dean absolutely had every reason to do so, because after all, he was killed by one.
As I looked outside, I could see many different people.

A young woman with shopping bags, a man walking his dogs and even children playing on the street. But then my eyes fell on a brown wooden sign that read "Westercrest." Somehow this name seemed familiar to me, but I had no idea from where.
"Speaking of hellhounds," I interjected. "When Dean...well you know." I took a deep breath. It wasn't easy for me to talk about it. "Just before Dean died, I could see the hellhound." Cass looked at me, his face full of concern. "You could see the hellhound?" I nodded slowly. "Why didn't you tell us earlier?" he asked quietly.

I stared at the table and ran my hands over the glass. Dean carefully put an arm around me. "I thought I was nuts and that I imagined everything. I'm sorry." I leaned my head on his shoulder. "It's okay Sweetie." He smiled at me. "Maybe it has something to do with her visions," Sam suggested. "That could be. I will have answers soon," Cass replied and stood up, but he didn't disappear. He just stayed there. "Cass what's wrong?" Dean looked just as confused as Cass. "I don't know. I can't use my powers." "Great," Dean said ironically and put some money on the table before we got up and left the cafe.

As we walked through the streets, which were now surprisingly empty, I kept looking at the sign and suddenly it came back into my mind. That was the name of the city from my dream, in which Dean was killed by a hellhound. "We have to get outta here," I whispered, but it was too late. Two hellhounds were already standing near us. "They are here," I informed them and slowly took out my gun.

"Run!" I shouted and shot at one of the dogs.
The other immediately took up pursuit and chased us through the city. But abruptly, two more appeared on the other side and separated me from the boys. This was not allowed to happen. I had to reach Dean, because without me he would die and I couldn't bear that again.
While running I turned around and shot, but unfortunately, I narrowly missed him. "Damn it," I whispered to myself and shot again. This time, it was a direct hit, but the dog only shook off the pain and kept going. On the third try, I finally managed it and the dog fell dead to the ground.
With the other hellhound it worked much faster. I already hit him at the first try, right in his head. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted the last hellhound running towards Dean. I quickly aimed at him and fired, but my gun was empty. Without hesitation, I started to run as fast as I could. I didn't care what would happen to me. All I wanted, was to save Dean. No matter what it would cost. Finally, I reached Dean and pushed him aside, just in time. The hellhound didn't get a hold of him but instead he caught me, so that I hit the ground pretty hard. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach but my attention was now focused on Sam, who was holding the gun near the
hellhound.

"Further right" I shouted to him. The bullet hit him straight in the head. With a loud howl, he let go of me and fell over. When I lifted my hand to wipe the sweat from my face, I saw that it was full of blood. My eyes widened instantly. It was much worse than I had thought.
I pressed my hands hard against the wound, trying to stop it from bleeding. Dean was immediately kneeling next to me. "Cass," he shouted. "You need to heal her." Cass looked at him for a moment in despair. "Dean I can't. My powers..."
"Now," Dean interrupted with an angry tone in his voice. Cass carefully put his hand on my arm, but as expected, nothing happened. "Don't worry. Everything's going to be fine, okay? Do you hear me?" My eyes filled with tears. With a trembling voice I said "No, it won't. I'm not gonna survive, Dean." His grip on my hand tightened. "Don't say that. We'll find a way, we always do."
As I looked into his eyes, I could clearly see desperation and fear behind his tears. I forced myself to smile slightly, despite the pain coursing through my body. Slowly, I reached out and touched his cheek.

"I never believed in love at first sight until I met you. You saved my life in more than just one way. I love you so much, Dean Winchester." He smiled sadly and kissed my forehead. "I love you too, Baby."
"You have to promise me something. Always keep fighting. Don't close yourself off from the others, okay? You will need them and they will need you too." My voice weakened. "Please, I need you to promise me."
"I promise." He brushed a strand of hair from my face. Then he bent down and gave me one last kiss. Tears ran down my cheeks and Dean carefully wiped them away.
I threw a short look at the three of them, but then my eyes became very heavy.
I closed them and everything went dark.