36. Jack in the box

"I hereby declare you man and wife." The priest smiled while Sam and Eileen started to kiss. Everybody cheered.
"Why are they doing?" Jack asked confused.
"It's called a kiss, Jack. People do it, when they love each other," Dean said and I giggled.
"You and Sara kiss like that too?"
"Yeah, we do."
"Will you also get married?"
I looked at Dean and replied ironically "I don't know. I think Dean is too busy buying a ring."
"What?" He looked puzzled.
Jack answered this time. "I think she's saying, that she's waiting for your proposal."
"Wait, you really want all this traditional stuff?"
"Of course, she does," Mary added.
"Huh!" Dean's eyes widened.
All of a sudden, a woman came to me and handed me her cell phone. "Can we make a photo?"
"Uhm... okay?" I smiled confused.
"Great. Thanks." She took her phone and went away.
"Who was that?" Dean asked me.

"I have no idea."
After we congratulated Sam and Eileen, we celebrated
until late in the night.
"Will you move in?" Mary asked Eileen.
"No not yet, but I will visit Sam as often as I can."
"Okay. Well, welcome to the family then."
We drove back to the bunker.
"This was a wonderful day," Mary added with a smile.
"Sleep well," I called to Sam and Eileen and threw them a big grin. They laughed.
I sat on the sofa and turned on the TV. Dean joined me. Unexpectedly, we saw a woman, who was participating in an interview. She looked exactly like me. I turned up the volume.
"So, tell us Sara, how did you manage to be such a successful actress. And how did you get your first role?"
"Oh, it was really hard. At first, I had a lot of rejections, but then I got an opportunity to act in a series called
"Supernatural." It's based on a book."
"Wait, did she say, Supernatural?" Dean asked surprised.
I nodded. "In the world, where you were married and
didn't know me, there was also this book, Supernatural."
"That's strange."

We continued watching. There was a commercial break where we saw Sam. He was holding a green drink in his hand.
"If you have a cold, take a sip of this new healthy green juice and feel the change. Sam Winchester guarantees it. It's the best medicine you can have. Get it today in every store. The profits will be donated to an organization for homeless people."
"Is he really selling this stuff?"
"I guess."
Suddenly, the TV showed a picture of Dean.
"The most eligible bachelor. Do you want to date him?"
"Oh god." I buried my face in a pillow. "That's horrible."
"At least, I look good on the pic."
"Yes, you do."
"My name is Dean Winchester and I am waiting for you. Call me, ladies."
"Okay, we're done." I quickly turned off the TV.
"We'll talk about this tomorrow, okay? We'll let Sam and Eileen enjoy their night..."I smiled and leaned my head against his chest. "Good idea."

The next morning, we informed them about yesterday's weird events. Eileen had already gone home, but Castiel had come instead.
"I think, that might be a consequence of bringing John and Mary back to life."
Dean's face got cold. "Does that mean they have to die again?" Cass looked at the ground.
"I'm sorry. There's nothing we can do."
"No," Sam said. "That's not possible. They can't just go back."
"It's okay Sam," Mary replied. "We were lucky to spend a few weeks with you. That is more than we could have ever dreamed of. We are so proud of you."
John agreed by nodding. "Goodbye boys."
They hugged each other before Cass put his hand on their arms and then they disappeared.
"They are in heaven again," Cass added.
Immediately, Dean ran out of the room to Jacks room and knocked on the door. I was afraid, that he would yell at Jack, but he actually smiled.
"Hey Jack, my parents are in heaven again because there were consequences. But thank you for bringing them back. We found a way that there are no consequences next time. How does that sound?"

Jacks' eyes widened and a big smile spread over his face. "That sounds great."
"Good. Follow me." Dean led him to a room in the
basement. Sam and I followed. In the middle, there was a big, black box with strange symbols on it.
"All you have to do, is to go in there." Dean pointed at the box. Jack looked at us. "But it's dark inside."
"Your cell phone has a flashlight," Sam added. Jack
nodded and climbed into the box. Quickly, Dean closed it and took a deep breath.
"And how long do I have to stay in here?" Jack asked
quietly, but Dean and Sam didn't answer.
"Hello? Is anybody there?" He sounded so scared.
"Dean, Sam, what is this? Are you trying to lock him away?" I asked shocked.
"That's the only way, that we can save everyone else."
I couldn't believe it. Jack wasn't evil. He just made a
mistake and was trying to fix it. And now they were treating him like a criminal. "Let him go," I whispered.
"I'm sorry, but we can't," Sam replied. I shook my head. That was not right. He was a kid, just a little kid and no monster.

"Don't worry Jack, I will save you." I tried to reach the box, but Dean stood in my way.
"Dean, open the box!" He remained silent. "If you don't open it, I will never talk to you again. I'm serious."
"You can't ask me to choose between you and the safety of the world." I looked him directly in the eyes.
"But I do."
He sighed and looked at the side. Then he opened it and Jack climbed out. He smiled at me and then disappeared.
I turned to Cass, who shook his head.
"I can't believe you did this to him."
"We need to find him," I added. He took my hand and in the next moment, we were standing in a forest where Jack was kneeling on the ground. "I didn't want to do all of this. I'm so sorry," he said quietly.
"I know," I whispered and sat next to him. He had tears in his eyes. "Cass and I know that you are good. We will always support you." He nodded and smiled.
Cass took a step forward.
"We will convince them, that you aren't evil. And then, we will bring you back to the bunker. Okay Jack?"
"Okay. Thank you."

I grabbed my cell phone and called Dean. He picked up, but didn't say a word. "Jack is okay, but he is very sad."
"Baby we..."
"Don't call me that now."
"Sara, Sam and I thought about this. And well... Cass and you are right. We should give him a chance to proof that he isn't like his father. We are... sorry." He cleared his throat. "That's nice, but you have to tell him, not me." I hung up and glanced at Jack.
"We can go back. They won't hurt you anymore."
So, we teleported back in the bunker.
Dean and Sam walked to Jack. Sam started to talk first. "We are sorry Jack. We act to quickly and without thinking. Please, forgive us."
He smiled. "Okay."
Then he hugged both of them. Even Dean accepted the hug, although he did it only very seldom.
I grinned at Cass, who returned the grin. Everything was fine again.