14. Police

The spirit ran into an old house. Without hesitation Dean kicked the door and we entered. Inside, it looked like a perfectly ordinary home. Dean pointed his gun up a flight of stairs. "I'll make sure the ghost doesn't hurt anyone. And you look for the hair that is supposed to be here somewhere." Then he was gone. While Sam searched the living room, I went into the kitchen. Then I started looking. I searched the drawers, cabinets, and even the refrigerator, but nowhere was a trace of the hair. I was about to go find Sam when he entered the kitchen, followed closely by Dean. Both had their hands raised. "Guys, I..." I was about to say, but then my eyes fell on a few more people. Five heavily armed policemen stood behind them, guns pointed at them.

As the police saw me, one policeman came into the room and pointed the gun straight at me. "Dean Winchester, Sam Winchester and...," he said looking around. "And you. You are arrested. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." The men handcuffed us one by one and led us out of the building. "What had betrayed us?" I asked the man who took me away disappointedly. "The neighbors saw you guys break in."

We got into the car and drove for a long time. No one talked. The whole situation was very uncomfortable for me. The fear of what could happen to us made me tremble, but even more the anger of having been discovered so easily. I've never had any trouble with the police therefore it was twice as bad. In addition, it was very unfair. We saved the people, but now we were the ones who needed to be saved. Finally the car stopped and we were led into a building.

There were a few rows of seats in the room and we were pushed down onto them, with our backs to the wall. We had to sit for several minutes before anyone came to us. I heard a few people whispering about us, but mostly people stayed silent. Then a man entered the room who introduced himself as Sheriff Dale Hagan. He told us about the crimes that had been committed and told us what they knew about us so far. "Don't be afraid baby" Dean called out to me before we were all led into separate rooms.

The man who took me away sat me down on a chair in front of me ."Now, sweetheart. I'm going to ask you some questions and you tell me what I want to hear and everything will be fine for you. Now, let's start with your name. What is your name?"

"Sara. Sara Harvelle."

"Is this Dean your boyfriend?"

I froze for a moment. I couldn't believe what was happening. "Yes."

"How did you meet?" "I was kidnapped and he saved me."

He sighed. "What were you doing in that house?"

I hesitated. "I was searching for something."

"Searching for what?" I could tell he was getting pretty impatient. Somehow he frightened me... "We were looking for the remains of a human being so that we could kill his spirit." The man hit the table hard, making me wince. "How stupid are you, do you know what they're going to do to you? Don't you care about your life? Now, tell me the truth." Tears formed in my eyes. I hated being yelled at. I felt so helpless every time. "I'm telling you the truth. We are hunters. We hunt monsters you wouldn't even dream of."

He rolled his eyes and stared at me with with an evil expression on his face. "Why are you hanging out with those people? You are still so young and seem to be a sensible girl. And yet, you willingly join these two lunatics." I stopped answering and just looked to the side as the door opened and a policewoman entered. "She can go. The two confessed to forcing her." When she unlocked my handcuffs, I looked at her in confusion. "What? Forced? Please, let me talk to them." I was almost begging. She took me outside and took me to a room where Dean was sitting. "I'm not going to leave you here like this." He took my hand and tried to calm me down but I pulled it away. "No. I won't leave you. I..." "Poughkeepsie." I immediately froze. It was kind of a safe word that we used. With a heavy heart, I nodded and left the room.

They probably expected me to go home, but I still had a few things to do. First, I called Charlie and asked her for help. She was supposed to fake a call to the police so that they would leave Dean and Sam alone, because then they would have time to free themselves from the shackles. Since they had done this many times before, I had no doubt that they would be able to do it again. After that, I walked back to the old house and continued searching. And indeed, in a small box in the bedroom, I found a tuft of hair and took out a lighter to burn it. When I was done, I walked back to our hotel. When I saw the two of them, I was extremely relieved. "Was the idea with the phone call from you?" asked Sam, fascinated. I nodded. "Awesome" Dean added.

Then, Sam took out his gun. "Come on. We still have to finish the case." "I already did." Dean grinned broadly at me "That's my girl."