47. Meeting him

I entered the plane and sat down. Next to me, there was sitting a man who looked a bit nervous. I smiled and waited for the plane to start. Finally, the door closed and I heard the pilot over the speakers.
"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We are about to leave Kansas and head to
Nebraska. I hope you will have a nice trip with us."
The plane started moving and the man next to me sighed. I looked over to him.
"Is everything alright?"
"Yes, it's just... it jerks very much. I mean come on, that can't be normal." Now, he was totally nervous.
"Don't worry, it's completely safe. But nevertheless, do you want me to hold your hand?" I offered with a grin. "No!" He looked to the side and then back to me.
"Yes!"
Laughing, I took it tightly. His hand gave me a kind of calm feeling.
"What are you going to do in Nebraska?" he wanted to know.
"I'm moving to my family and what about you?"
"Business stuff." I nodded and looked out of the window.

Since it wasn't a long flight, we landed quickly. I went to the baggage claim, where I took my suitcase off the
assembly line. It was very heavy, so it took a little while. The man threw me a smile and took it out of my hand. "I'll help you."
"No, I can do it on my own."
"Come on, you helped me so I help you. I mean the
suitcase is almost as big as you." I sighed.
"Fine."
Actually, I was very grateful because I wasn't very strong.
He accompanied me the full way home, despite my
repeated insistence that it wasn't necessary.
As we arrived, I said "Well, thank you..." but then was
interrupted as the door opened and my adoptive mom
Ellen and her daughter Jo came out.
"Oh, you have company," Ellen teased me. I rolled my eyes.
"I won't stay. I just brought her home safe."
He smiled at me and then I entered the house.

"So, who was the guy?" Jo put her arm around me.
"Just a guy I met in the plane."
"Just a guy, huh? He carried your luggage."
"Yes, he did, but this means absolutely nothing. I don't even know his name." She looked at me, kind of sad.
"Oh no. And what about his number?" I shook my head. "Damn, he was good looking."
Smiling I replied "Yes, I know."

One week later, I was sitting in a bar, drinking a beer when I the man from the plane approached me.
"Hey," I called, happy to see him again.
"Hey, are you at least 21? Because if you were younger, you wouldn't be allowed to drink, you know that?"
I smiled. "Yes, I do. And yes, I am. Wait... are you a cop?"
"Yes, I am."
"Wow, hot." He raised an eyebrow.
"You think I'm hot?"
"Yes... I mean no... I mean it's really hot... here in this bar... because inside bars... it's often very hot."
Oh, this was so embarrassing. I didn't even know what I was talking about.
"Sure." He surely wasn't buying it because he grinned and sat down next to me.
"I'm Sara, by the way." He held out a hand, which I took immediately. "Dean. Dean Winchester."

We talked for a while and drank together. He paid for the drinks, which was very kind.
"I need to go home, my family must be worried already." "I accompany you home. But we need to take the bus, we both drank too much."
I smiled thankfully.

The bus was overcrowded, but there was still one place left. He stepped aside so I could sit down, but I shook my head.
"You can sit. I'll stand." He sat down and glanced to me.
"You can sit too, if you want. I see you can hardly stand anymore."
He was right. I have had too many drinks.
"But I'm heavy." He laughed.
"You? Heavy? Oh, come on, you're so skinny, how can you be heavy huh?" I hesitated but then I sat down on his lap. He carefully wrapped his arms around my waist.
"I'm not as thin as you think."
"Yes, you are, Princess."
"Did you just call me Princess?" He chuckled.
"Maybe. Don't you like it?"
"We hardly know each other."
"But you're still sitting on my lap."
I grinned and remained silent.

The bus stopped and I rapidly got up, followed closely by Dean. Suddenly, I lost my balance and fell. In the last
moment, before hitting the ground, Dean caught me and held me tight.
"Are you okay?" he asked worried.
"Yes, I'm fine." My cheeks were glowing, but I couldn't tell if it was because of the alcohol or because of the closeness to him. My heart beat faster as I looked into his eyes. They were so green. He was also staring in my eyes.
"Dean," I began and was surprised about how quiet my voice sounded.
"Yes?"
I cleared my throat and looked at the side.
"Uhm, thank you."
"No problem." He turned around and left.