22. John Winchester

"Okay. But be careful." I smiled and started the Impala. It had been raining all day, but now it was starting to clear up, and the sun was shining brightly. Dean turned on the radio and I smiled when I recognized the song. It was "All out of love," the song we sang together at our first meeting. I stepped harder into the pedals and the car began to race.

When I saw a cafe, I stopped the car. "I'm going to get a coffee, do you want some?"

"No thanks," he replied and smiled at me.

I entered the cafe and sat down at the counter. But somehow everything looked very different today than usually. It was as if everything had changed instantly. Even the people seemed completely different. It was probably because I hadn't slept much last night. I was sure that I was imagining everything.
But then my eyes fell on a man's newspaper and I froze. Friday, June 8, 2001. This could n't be true. We had 2009. I stretched to the woman sitting next to mior who was taking a sip of her coffee. "Excuse me, what's the date?" The woman smiled friendly. "It is the eighth of june."
"And what year?" She looked at me like I was insane. "2001." I shook my head and laughed nervously. I quickly jumped up from my chair and ran to the door as I bumped into a man.
"I'm so sorry" I I tried to apologize, but he just gave me an annoyed look. This face was somehow familiar to me. I thought hard about where I knew him from while he sat down at the counter. Then it came back to me and I ran to him. "You again," he muttered and rolled his eyes. "You are John Winchester, right?" He froze, but then he pointed to the door with his hand and stood up. I followed him as he left the building.
Once outside, he pressed me against the wall. "Who are you and how do you know my name?" He pulled his knife out of his pocket and held it to my arm. "Stop, I am not a monster. My name is Amy and I'm a hunter." His expression changed from angry to surprised. "A hunter? You?" I nodded. He sighed and lowered his knife. "I don't have time right now, I'm on the hunt." He took a piece of paper and quickly wrote something on it. "Wait for me there." He gave me a puzzled look and then ran off in the other direction. I quickly searched for Dean's impala, but it had disappeared.

The address led me to a hotel that was a few streets away. I knocked on the door and a young man opened. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was actually Dean. He smirked at me. "Hello sweetie. Did you get lost?" Without answering, I entered and handed him the note.
"John wants me to wait here." Surprised, he looked at me. "You know John? From ... hunting?" "Something like that, yeah."
It was hard for me to see the man I loved more than anything in the world without him knowing who I was. What if I was stuck in this time forever? How did that even happen? "I'm Dean, by the way" he introduced himself and held out his hand to me. I took it and replied with a slight smile, "Amy." It was better if no one, even Dean, didn't know my real name, as long as I didn't know what was going on here.I looked around the room. "Where's Sam?"
He sat down on the sofa "He recently went to college. This job wasn't for him." If only Dean knew that Sam continued with hunting...
"What do you wanna do while you're waiting? Because I have an idea. The beds here are very comfortable..." He grinned at me mischievously and raised his eyebrows twice. I rolled my eyes and couldn't stop a laugh. "Oh, shut up." "How can I shut up when there's a beautiful girl here with me?"
I stared at him for a moment. "You've probably used this line 10 times already." He thought about it for a moment. "Nooo. Eleven times."
I couldn't help but laugh at Dean's playful banter. It felt comforting, even in this strange and unfamiliar situation. As we settled into conversation, Dean started asking me questions about myself, probing for answers about my life as a hunter. I knew I couldn't reveal too much, considering the circumstances.
"I gotta say, Emma, you know a lot about us. How did you come across all this information?" Dean asked, his eyes meeting mine.
I paused for a moment, debating how much to reveal. "Let's just say I've had a lot of cases with supernatural beings. I've picked up a few things along the way," I replied vaguely, hoping to divert him from further questioning.
To my relief, Dean seemed satisfied with my response and changed the subject. We spent the next few hours talking about everything possible, although I already knew a lot about his life. But I didn't care. Until I had to yawn, I hadn't realized it was later than 3am. "I'll sleep a little" I told him and got up. "Alone?" His innocent tone made me laugh. "Yes!" He grinned. "Alright. It was just an offer. But if you change your mind, you know where to find me." But even when several hours had passed, I couldn't fall asleep, so I went back into the living room and spotted Dean who was just opening the door

"Where are you going?"

"A bar, meeting someone." Disappointed, I looked to the side. "Oh." I wasn't surprised. This was Dean Winchester.

"Do you want to come? It'll be fun. Maybe you'll find a guy to have some fun with too." He grinned at me and I shot him an annoyed look.

"No thanks. I don't want to interrupt your night."

He walked over to me and lifted my chin with his finger. "I can stay if you want. Just say it."

"Dean..."

I didn't know what to say. It was selfish not to let him go but on the other hand he was my boyfriend in the future.

I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him quickly. "Go and have fun." He smiled. "Now, I'm not going anywhere." He grabbed my waist and pushed me on the sofa, kissing me passionately.

I ran my hands through his soft hair as he slowly lowered himself on top of me. His lips wandered down my neck and I began unbuttoning his shirt. My heart beat faster when I saw his bare chest.

His fingers interlaced with mine and he put them on top of my head as he kissed my neck. Then he carefully opened my shirt and removed it. He kissed me again, this time more softly.

All of a sudden, we heard a throat clearing and turned to the door, where John was standing with crossed arms. "What the hell is going on?" Quickly, I took my shirt and held it in front of me.

"Amy, leave us alone for a moment. I need to talk to my son." At the word son, he threw Dean an angry look. Without saying anything back, I got up and ran to the bedroom, where I put my shirt back on. I could hear John screaming. Poor Dean.

After a while, John entered the room. "We go hunting in 3 hours." I nodded and laid down. John sat down next to me. "I'm sorry about Dean. He always behaves like that with women." "But it was my fault," I interrupted him, but he just shook his head and left the room.

Not knowing if Dean was allowed to see me, I wrote him a message. "How bad was it?" Immediately, he wrote back. "Not even that bad, don't worry about it." I took a deep breath. Hopefully, he was telling the truth. I knew John didn't always treat his sons well.

I was just about to put my phone away when I received a new message. "It was nice meeting you." A smile spread across my face. "Yeah, it was. Good night, Dean."
"Good night, Amy."