35. John and Mary

The next morning, I walked into the library, to read a bit. As I spotted two people, sitting on the table, I instinctively dropped my cup of coffee, which Dean had kindly brought me, probably as a kind of apology. They turned around and I froze.
"Dean! Sam!" I called without moving.
"What's going on here?" Dean asked worriedly.
He entered the library, followed by Sam. "Hey, Sam. Dean," Mary Winchester said to her boys.
"Mom!?" Sam asked carefully and she nodded. John stood up and walked to them. "Hello, boys." Sam and Dean were so shocked that they couldn't say a word.
"How is this possible?" I wanted to know, when Jack
appeared. "I brought them back because I disappointed you." Dean looked at him with raised eyebrows.
"You did what?!"
"I brought them back. From heaven."
"And how did you do that?"
"I... just did it."
"You can't do things like that, Jack. We talked about this."

"But you were so mad at me, and I wanted to fix it."
"Listen," Dean replied, trying to calm down. "It was a very nice thought, but we can't just bring people back from the dead. Especially not the dead from heaven."
"Why not?"
"Because it's not their place to be. There will be consequences. And that is never a good thing."
Jack sighed and then nodded. "Okay."
"Good," Dean said and turned back to his parents.
"I'm still very grateful to see you." He hugged them tightly. "We are too, son," John added.
I was watching the whole scene with a smile. They really deserved to be happy once.
I wanted to walk away, but John called me back. "Aren't you that Amy girl, Dean had a relationship with?"
I nodded. "Yes. My real name is Sara."
"Sara. I'm sorry for what I did to you and Dean. I hope you can forgive me."
I looked at Dean. "He has to forgive you, not me."
John smiled. He actually smiled!? Wow, I never saw that before. "So, you two were in relationship?" Mary asked with wide eyes. Dean took my hand. "Better, we are."

She walked towards me and hugged me. "It's so nice to meet you. We should have a conversation later, yes?"
I smiled. "Of course."
She grinned. "So, Sam. What about you? Do you have a girlfriend?"
"Yes. Her name is Eileen. I meet her on a case. And we are engaged."
"What?!" Dean asked. "Since when? Why didn't you tell me?"
"You were always busy and didn't have the time. But I will introduce her to you. Soon."
"I'm so happy for you." Mary's eyes shone.
"Sit down, boys," John commanded. "We need to talk." Mary took my hand and led me outside. "Come on, we need to talk too."
As we were sitting in the kitchen, drinking tea, she asked "Does he treat you well? If he doesn't, I will give him a lecture."
"Yes, he does," I replied laughing.
"Okay good. He once visited us in the past and I learned that he had... many one-night stands."
I laughed again. "Well, he changed."
"Yes, I saw it. He looks happier. I guess, he really loves you."

"And I really love him."
"That's so cute. Is he very similar to John?" I hesitated. She probably had no idea that John didn't really care about Sam and Dean after her death, but only about his revenge.
"Uhm, I guess no." Quickly, I tried to chance the topic. "But recently we have a lot of fights and I'm afraid that this will divide us one day."
"John and I also had this phase. It's normal for hunters. This life can be very difficult. You just need time to overcome it, that's all."
In this moment, John and the boys came in. "All clarified," he informed us and grabbed himself a beer.
"I really hope you two can stay with us," Sam replied to his parents. "We too, son."
And indeed, there was no sign of any consequences, so that they could stay with us. They helped us to hunt, got to know Castiel and enjoyed their time with their sons. Dean and I also stopped arguing and he even became nicer to Jack. It was like the perfect life.