☆¹⁴

My head immediately jerks to where the voice came from

An eased small smile forces my lips to tug upwards.

"You're back." I sigh, sitting up so I can face him. It's been so long since we've last seen.

Owing to the moonlight, I'm able to catch a little grin forming on his face. He sits down as well, right beside me.

"I'm really sorry about what I said. It was really rude. I didn't mean it. You have every right to hate me now."

Jisung chuckles lightheartedly. "indeed, that wasn't nice at all." his expression turns serious again. "Minho, please think before speaking."

"I'm so sorry."

"You're on time out. I'll think about forgiving you."

"Thank you." I giggle and turn my head to the front, looking at the stars' reflections in the sea. "where did you stay these days? I haven't seen you."

"You're so oblivious."

"What do you mean?"

"It doesn't matter where I stayed." he sighs.

"It does. It's been raining quite a lot, won't you get sick?"

"No."

Silence lingers in the air for a minute, the awkwardness starting to fade away.

"You're more than welcome to come back."

"I'd love to, Minho."

We watch the night evolve around us. The sky is clear, thankfully, no clouds spotted, which gives us a chance to see the stars.

They're shiny tonight.

"Look, a shooting star!" he exclaims, pointing with his finger at the horizon.

"Make a wish." I answer, closing my eyes to make one myself.

I wish to die soon.

"Why should I do that?"

"When people witness a star dying they make a wish."

"I didn't know that." he pouts. "what did you hope for, then?"

"To die."

The brunette's eyes stare into mine. "Minho."

Maybe I should stop with these jokes.

"We should go," I ignore him and stand up from the ground, shaking the sand off my clothes. "hm?"

Jisung's sigh is deep. It sounds like it came from deep down in his lungs. He nods.

We roam around the shore for a bit, talking. We're heading to the tiny always-open gate that separates the pavement from the sand.

"Why didn't you go to my house that day?"