☆²¹

"Did you hear that?!" he shrieks, fully covering himself with the blanket

"Your high pitched scream? yeah, sadly."

"Shut up, I'm serious!"

"It's twelve am, stop shouting, I'm trying to sleep!" I raise my voice a little, irritated by the fact that my half asleep state was disturbed.

"I'm scared, okay?"

"I have work tomorrow. Is me staying in the same room with you not enough?"

"No, it is.. I'm just–"

"Jisung." I interrupt him mid sentence. "for the love of everything, please tape your mouth. There was no noise, we are safe inside."

"Yes, but–"

"No buts, now get your ass to sleep right now. I'm serious."

"I can't!"

"Dude, it's the voices inside your head. I swear there was no so–" I stop when a loud shattering sound cuts my words like how my so called father used to cut watermelon slices.

Jisung lets out a loud scream. I quickly stand up, my body entering survival mode as I grab the first thing I lay my eyes on. In this case, it's an old guitar.

Myungho's.

"Stay here."

"No way in fucking hell. Don't leave me alone!" he gets off my bed, following me from behind.

"Just please shut that loud mouth of yours! if it's a criminal then we're dead."

Gulping, he slowly walks coming after my lead. It's dark, scary, the slight rain from outside adding to the suspense.

When I abruptly stop in my tracks he bumps into me, groaning. I roll my eyes and peek my head into the kitchen, looking for any sign of another human or entity.

But there's nothing. Nobody besides Doongie playing with pieces of glass on the floor.

"Doongie!" I sigh in relief while turning on the lights and crouching down to take the cat away before he hurts himself.

The boy puts his left hand over his heart, exhaling. The colour on his face seems to be coming back too.

"I told you it was nothing." I murmur, picking up the kitten with one hand to carry him while holding the guitar with the other. He wiggles his way out of my arms, scratching me meanwhile.

"Here." he takes the white-orange cat away. Doongie calms down almost immediately in the other brunette's hold.

"I'll go sleep, good night." I mumble.

"Wait!"

Turning to look at him, I raise a brow. Right, he doesn't want to be alone. A few seconds later when silence settles in the air I speak. "fine, I guess I'll sleep on the floor."