Chapter Thirty-Four

When Stiles woke, he was in Derek's arms. Cradled in a way he had never been held before. He looked up at him, he was sound asleep. Derek looked vulnerable when he was asleep, with his lips slightly parted and his face relaxed. Stiles sighed contently. "I'm so in love with you." He whispered.

"I'm so in love with you too" Stiles' eyes widened. Derek sounded as if he'd been awake for hours. "How long have you been awake!?" He asks frantically. "A while." Derek smiled, his eyes still closed. Stiles tried riggling out of his grip, but Derek only held on tighter. "Why didn't you wake me?"

"Why would I? You seemed pretty tired after-"

"Don't even finish that sentence"

Derek smiled and opened his eyes to an embarrassed Stiles. He gazed at him. His pink cheeks and the tips of his ears flushed. "Can you let go of me now?" He asked, avoiding direct eye contact. Derek paused, before slowly placing his hand on Stiles' cheek. Stiles looked back at him. "I love you, Stiles." The words were so powerful, not one ounce of hesitation within them. As if that really was Derek's truth. Stiles' mouth gaped, not knowing how to respond to such vulnerability. 

"I've wanted to tell you for a while now, but I didn't know how. Plus there was so much going on and-" 

"Shut up" Stiles laughed and planted a kiss on his lips. "I love you too, Derek Hale."

---------------------------------------

After their confession, months had gone by of them soaking each other up anytime and anywhere they could. They would lounge on each other in the library, steal a kiss in the hallway and make out in their rooms for hours. Everyone in the group was starting to become annoyed with all of the PDA they were constantly showing.

Scott and Isaac were doing the same, just secretively. They think everyone doesn't know but it's really easy to tell when they both have a giddy grin for no reason after looking at one another. Braeden and Lydia were happily living in their apartment and would have everyone over constantly for movie nights or drinking games. Danny has made up with everyone and he's slowly making his way back into the group. No one has heard from Allison, Erica, or Ethan and no one really cares where they went aside from Danny.

----------------------------------------

It is now summer. Everyone was outside on the grass enjoying the warmer weather. Scott and Isaac are sitting on a blanket, ripping up the grass around them. Lydia is lounged back, trying to tan her porcelain skin. Braeden is on her phone, trying to find a picture of her cat to show Scott, and Stiles is laying in Derek's lap while he caresses down his arm. They were all talking amongst themselves, save for Derek and Stiles, they were in their own little world. Whispering sweet nothings and making childish jokes about how her cat is demon spawn.

"I have something for you." Derek whispered in his ear. "Is it a pony? If it's not a pony, I don't want it." He joked happily. Derek gently grabbed Stiles' hand and placed a silver ring on his middle finger. "I wanted to give this to you, to show you that I'm yours. A promise that one day I will get down on one knee and ask you to be mine, forever" Stiles tilted his head up to look him in the eyes. "You want to marry me?" 

"Maybe" Derek grinned and kissed his cheek. "I have something to give you too," Stiles said, "come on." He stood from his lap, turning around to hold out his hand for Derek to hold. "Where do you think you two are going?" Lydia pried. "Uhhhhh" Stiles stuttered, flushed. "If you really wanna know, he has a present for me, so we're going to get it" Derek stepped in. Lydia's eyes questioned Stiles before a smile formed on his lips. A full smile plastered her face before her attention was brought back to Derek. "Have fun" She said giddily. Derek's eyebrow rose, suspicious of her behavior.