Chapter Twenty-Seven

Sitting in the car, in the parking lot of the campus grounds, Stiles pulls out his phone and calls Isaac to find out where he is.

"He's at the-" A siren went off, "What's that?" Stiles says looking over at Derek, he looks back in worry "We need to go" He responded and gets out of the car, Stiles following. They meet at the hood of the car, Derek grabs Stiles' wrist and pulls him towards the building. Derek tells him that its the Intruder Bell (someone dangerous is in school grounds)

They rush inside the front doors when a big crowd of people ran towards them. Separating them. "Derek!?" Their hands pull apart "Stiles!?"

Someone grabs onto Derek and pulls him, "WE NEED TO GO!" It was Danny. Derek couldn't see Stiles anymore and gives in, Danny pushes him into the closest classroom. Derek looks to see maybe 7 people including Isaac in this room. All in which look terrified. Isaac and Derek lock eyes, both of them feeling a lump in their throat. "Stiles?" He asks "We got separated.." his stomach sinking.

"Guys! Shut up!!" Danny yells in a slight whisper. "Nah you know what! fuck you Danny, you think you're all high and mighty?" Isaac yells. Danny rolls his eyes. Isaac walks over to him, "If you hurt Scott again I swear to god!" He says up in his face, "Oh yeah? What are you gonna do?" He responds egging him on. Derek walks over and stands in between them, "Guys, stop! This isn't the time or place" "But he-" Isaac tried. "Wait, be quiet!" "Derek he-" "Shut up!" Derek says, listening.

The whole room goes quiet, silence deafening everyone. When they hear foot steps in the corridor, "Everyone hide" Derek says whispering. Everyone rushing quietly to the back of the classroom and hiding, Derek hiding behind the teachers desk. The classroom door opens. Slow and heavy footsteps enter the room. Derek takes a slow and quick look around the desk. Luckily the intruder didn't see him.

He was wearing black cargo pants with a black tight long sleeve shirt. He had a gun in his hand and he had weapons in his waist holster and a few other places. He almost looked military or like a spy of some kind Derek thought to himself. The mysterious man quietly making his way to the back of the room, Derek saw what was about to happen, the man made eye contact with one, Beck Tanner. She was a shy girl, didn't talk much.

He raised his gun, out of impulse Derek got out from behind the desk and tackled the man. The gun fell out of his hand and across the room, Derek held onto the man when he tried to grab it, the man did a I guess you could call it a "Fancy Spy Technique" to get out of his grip. The intruder picked up the gun as Derek stood, he pointed the gun at Derek but he pushed his hand away, leaving a bullet hole in the wall next to them. Derek grabbed the gun out of his hand and quickly the man grabs a knife from his holster and drives it through Derek, just above his hip bone and just under his rib cage on the right side.

Derek's body goes numb from the pain and drops the gun. The man turns around and looks at Beck picking up his gun and blade and runs out the door. The kids run to Derek's aid.

~~~~~

"I hope Derek's okay.." Stiles said, worry lacing his voice. "He's fine Stiles, you'll see him soon" Scott said to reassure him, even though he wasn't to sure himself. Sitting on the carpet against the wall, Stiles kept fidgeting. He's never had to deal with a real intruder before, they would always be drill runs.

Scott sits there wondering why Stiles never told him earlier about Derek and him, or about him in general. He didn't question it to much because he knew he'd get mad thinking about it and didn't want to make the situation worse for Stiles. "Do you think Isaac's alright?" Scott asks. Stiles noticing the hint of worry and desperation in his voice.

"I think if he wasn't, we probably would've heard about it by now" Stiles responses, knowing after he said it that he shouldn't have. Scott and Stiles hear chatter in the room about wheather or not they should leave and leave the grounds. "That's a stupid idea" Stiles states under his breath. "What was that?" A stranger said in an aggravated tone.

"I said that's a stupid idea. You could get hurt or better yet, you could get yourselves killed" Stiles said loudly, not regretting a word. "We should just wait it out" Everyone was fretting and Stiles could see that, but running out dangling your body in front of a most likely murderous man or woman will get them killed for sure.

Without warning the classroom door flung open, "Stiles are you in here!?" "Derek!" Stiles runs to him, not realising he's been hurt even though the blood on his shirt should have been a clear indication. Stiles smashes their lips together with the world falling away around them. Scott watched them and glances up at Isaac, Isaac doing the same and looking down. That was it, that was the moment it became clear to Scott. Everything Stiles kept from him, all that happened. It was so crystal clear to him now.

He felt a rush of guilt for not accepting Stiles and understanding why he kept it from him all these years. He went out of his mind not talking to Stiles but he couldn't think of what else to do. He felt a rush of relief knowing he gets to have his best friend back..

Hopefully