Part 21

Michelle: Bharatanatyam dancing is a very expressive dance style originating from Southern India. I brought in these dancers because they are so expressive and emotional, and that's what we need to bring into our routines. They have these things on their feet that make sound, so when they move it just...it adds to it, cos they'll be doing little footwork things and it will be like "ding-a-ling-a-ling" on the side. So it's just awesome.

Kate: They are really, really talented and it seems that they're really inspiring our whole group. It was such a great idea of Michelle's to bring in the Bharatanatyam dancers. She's really stepping up as dance captain.

West: The only thing about Bharatanatyam dancing is they would never be able to play hide and seek because you're always hearing their bells jingling. So, you know, you turn around and just be like, "Ha-ha! "I saw you." Or better yet, "I heard you."

"Give it up for our Bharatanatyam dancers!"

Michelle: As dancers, I thought it'd be important to show you guys a different style of dance that we don't usually look at.

"Bharatanatyam dancers are..." Michelle said before getting interupted

"Wait, wait, wait. Bratha what?" James said

"Bharatanatyam."

James: Where did Michelle find dancers like that? I don't even know where Bharatanathia is. Where did Michelle go?

"So my point is, is that the way that they danced was full of soul. I mean, I think that's what our regionals routine is missing." Michelle told the team

"I think we should totally do one of their moves! Like that...that one with the feet."

"We could do something like that, just the feeling and the heart."

"What if we do an overhead lift?" Giselle said

"No, absolutely not. That's way too risky. We can't throw that in at this point." Kate said already making up her mind

"Giselle and I used to do overhead lifts all the time" Daniel said

"Yeah, all of the time."

"Yeah, what about like the helicopter lift or something like that?" Michelle asked

"Yeah"

Giselle: I think adding an overhead lift would be extremely good for our routine, and also, I think it will help me make my mark in A-Troupe.

"Yup. Easy"

Kate: Overhead lifts are dangerous, end of discussion. The girls are so high up in the air, the guys need to be so strong and sturdy and if something goes wrong, you know?

"OK. We'll think about it. But in the meantime get back to rehearsal, OK?" Kate said begore her and Chris went yo her office

Michelle: I think adding an overhead lift to the dance would be a good idea. They've done it before, so why not throw it in?

"How cool would the helicopter...?" Giselle complained

"Right?"