Chapter Twenty

As the warm sun slowly ascended over the horizon, casting its ethereal glow upon the world, a lone Eva awoke from the depths of a sorrowful slumber. The room was enclosed in a somber stillness, enveloped by the remnants of melancholy that lingered in the air. It was a morning that bore witness to the tears that had cascaded down her weary cheeks throughout the forsaken night. Eyes, once swollen and bloodshot, now blinked open, revealing a face etched with the burdensome weight of sorrow.

As she sat up, shadows danced upon the walls, casting a haunting play of sadness and despair. Slowly, she rose from the confines of the bed, feeling the coolness of the wooden floor beneath bare feet. As she made their way towards the mirror, fragments of sadness clung to their reflection, distorting the once vibrant image that had existed prior to their trials. Gazing into the mirror, she saw an unfamiliar face, marked by pain and the weight of the sleepless night.

She touched her face, as her swollen cheeks burns from pain, her puffy eyes were screaming in misery. The radiant angel, dwells in pain as her light got somber. She stood still as her soul is scattered, the once known as beacon of hope, her soul now danced delicately on the brink of despair, its essence shrouded in the tormented fragments of a forlorn existence.

She can't move on from the incident that occurred last night, the thought of her sisters asking her to step aside, keeping her devil, the one who hunted her dreams, to simply die. She wasn't just thinking about her sisters, it was the pressure from her father, the way he was enraged, the anger that holds within his heart, was overwhelming her by the minute. Should I stand aside knowing that she might die? Should I just finish her off and follow dad's wishes? Such questions were hunting her ever since yesterday, with no shoulder to lean on to.

-She walked towards to window, placing her hand to feel the warmth of the sun, a mockingly chuckled left her lips, as her tears flowed out of her swollen eyes. "after everything had happened, after many dreams that I had, after my heart had beaten, can I just let her....go? I can't defy my father's wishes yet I can't simply save her" she said to herself. She then slams the window with might, causing it to crack like her broken heart, both of her irises glow as she collapses in the floor screaming in sorrow.

-Feathers flew like free spirits, defying the agony that filled the room. "HELP ME!" she yelled, reaching for anyone to ease her pain, until the black hair maiden burst into her room, ignoring everything around, till she reached the gloomy dove who is kneeling on the ground. She hugged her tightly knowing how wistful her sister is. She turned and looked at her angrily, pushing her away forcefully, causing her back to slam on the wall, as she hissed in pain. She stood up, walking with rage that succumb her body, she reached and grabbed her from the neck, causing her to plea for her life.

-Tears filled Ana's eyes as she remembered when she lost herself the other day, Eva was tightening her grasp by the second causing Ana to hit her chest. "Eva!.....p-please, I-its me....... c-calm down" she said as her breath was depleting. Suddenly Layla came from behind as she held Eva and pushed her away, Eva groaned in anger ready to attack back, Anahel pantingly transforms flooding the room with gleaming light.

-Moments has passed as the light fades away, the sisters looked at each other with no words to say, they felt regretful because of the pain they caused. "forgive me! No forgive us" Layla said "we shouldn't say such words to you, we should've respected your wishes, I-I should've pushed you this far, b-but please I don't want to lose you, knowing dad and his capabilities, I don't wish to see you in pain, none of us does Eva!" she said as her voice cracked at the end.

-Ana walked closer to her and cupped her cheeks "Eva....I know you are hurt, I know how hard to not help anyone, believe in us, b-but losing you is not what we wish for, everyone will be there tonight, if she is hurt we will improvise and help without anyone noticing, w-we promise" she said softly. She gulped as her lips were trembling "I-I can't save her even if I wished too, I can't defy dad ! that what hurts me! I am hopeless sisters! h-help me! I am lost and scared" she said quiveringly. Layla got closer and hugged her from behind "do you wish to lose her forever?" she asked.