Chapter Twenty Two

In the grandiose labyrinth of towering buildings, whose shadows stretched long and imposing upon the monotonous streets, a melancholic symphony echoed, one that weaved a tale of sorrowful adversity and inexplicable loss. It was a desolate evening, when the city's bustling heart thrummed faintly beneath an overcasting sky, shrouded in a thick veil of gray. The air hung heavy with a silence that whispered tales of woe to those who cared to listen. It was amidst this tableau of desolation that a poignant scene unfolded - sad footsteps carrying a body, with a sense of profound grief weighting every languid stride.

Sorrowful tears streamed down her face as she sobbed uncontrollably over her sister, her shoulders trembling with the force of her emotions. She walked aimlessly across the city, far away from them, as she wept for awhile and laughed maniacally like she lost her mind. Shattered she was for the words that she heard, soreness she felt for the body that she carries, disheartened in heart, in those who she thought will stand with them. She glanced at her sister listening to her heavy panting, groaning in pain, shivering from cold, as if her soul is giving up on her body.

She stood still looking at her frighteningly, she can sense that her body is getting lighter by the minute, she can't heal herself as she used all of her energy to save her, she won't open her eyes as she felt that there is nothing worth going back for. She wept and sat on the ground, pulled her close and embraced her to warm her body. Every time she remembered how pity they looked at Galvina her heart aches hardly. She felt deceived when she opened up to Layla, she felt moronic when she pushed her sisters to follow them, she felt shamed when she helped those people in danger.

Her irises turned crimson, as she began to speak incomprehensibly like her body is controlled by  another force. Moments later, a running footsteps were heard across the street, running towards her as fast as they can, they were calling her name frighteningly, thought that they were too late. wheezily they stood next to her trying to catch their breath before they faint, they reach out their hands to help her stand, she glared at them and slapped their hands. They stood terrifyingly, it was their first time in their life looking at their sister being this outraged, Merihim took off her coat and covered Galvina with it, Devers looked at them as her iris glow darker. Nergal gulped in fear, decided to walk backwards in case if she decided to attack.

-Merihim did not care about what is going to happen, she has to force her to talk otherwise they will end up killing each other. She sat closer to her and looked at the street. "how ironic, when we saved them we ended up being the bad people" she said "when she protected her, she ended up being kicked like an empty can, when she felt something towards her, she hurt her in return, as if it was staged!!". Nergal was looking at Merihim shockly, why she is fuelling her even more. Devers scoffed. "I know right! and here we are sitting at the corner of the street, like a trash, is that what they call us?" she asked "ah no wait my apologies, filth we are filthy"

-Nergal looked at Devers sadly, she knew after what she just said that she is beyond devastated, all of them were disappointed actually, but who's to blame? their existence on the wrong time? born on the wrong side? or themselves for chasing a feeling, that they were born with it being concealed in their hearts. She sat next to her and hugged her knees "are you blaming us for chasing them?" she asked. She looked at her and laughed sarcastically "noooo! why should I blame you guys! I blame myself for being this stupid and push you both to chase them! look at what they done to your sister, I hope that you are proud of your lover Nergal!" she said angrily.

-She snarled "DEVERS LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS!! IT WAS EVA NOT HERS TO BLAME!". She laughed loudly. "aww, look at you! what does Galvina's friends call you?" she asked "oh oh yess yess! desperate for love, how lovely to love someone, WHO WITNESSED AWHILE AGO YOUR SISTER BEING KICKED! YOU LOVE SOMEONE WHO STOOD STILL LIKE A FUCKING STONE WITH NO REACTION! DID SHE DO SOMETHING?? DID SHE HELP HER?? AT LEASET SHE COULD DO IT FOR YOU!! WAKE UP NERGAL!! SHE DOESN'T LOVE YOU!!" She yelled hoarsely.