Chapter Forty

The clash began between the lovers, choosing the rooftops as their battlefield, to avoid humans eyes. The devils fisticuffs with their counterparts, as their eyes are full of bitterness and rage. As the rain poured down, the earth came alive with a rhythmic symphony of droplets hitting the ground. In this mystical downpour, there was a battle being waged; a battle between two ancient weapons - a javelin and a whip. The skirmish of steel against leather reverberated through the skyscrapers, punctuating the peaceful silence. Lightning split the sky, illuminating the figures locked in a fierce dance. Raindrops slid down their determined faces, blurring their vision; yet, it failed to dampen their spirits.

-With each stroke, the whip's radiant crack echoed like thunder. It lashed out with precision and grace, snapping the air around it, leaving a trail of anticipation in its wake. Fearlessly, the javelin twirled in elegant arcs, seeking a moment to strike back. The devil and the angel shared an unbreakable connection, a rhythm only they understood. The rain seemed to dance in harmony with them, a partner in their mesmerizing duel. Agilely, the angel avoided her attacks, taunting her to change closer. "Devers! please! cease this!!" she begged "I don't want to fight you!!", but the devil's eyes were crimson as blood. Regardless of her pleading she didn't let her guards down, she Intensely focus the whip as she spun it around his body, whirling it like a tornado.

-The wet leather stretched and coiled, merging with the energy of the storm. The flickering shadows cast upon her made her face appear ethereal - a mix of determination and reverence. The javelin's bearer moved with fluidity and conviction. Her firm grip never faltered, the weapon an extension of her very being. As she swiftly parried the wicked slashes, her eyes pierced through the onslaught. She saw beyond the raindrops, into the heart of her angel. Her movements were a blend of anger and chafe, her resolve like the raging river swelling with every hit. The clash between whip and javelin reached its climax, unleashing a tempest of power upon the sodden battleground. "COWERD! STOP AVOIDING ME AND FIGHT!" Devers raged throughout her chase. As Layla lithely dodged all of her attacks, only to strike when necessary to push her away.

-She kept running around, glancing at her sister as she could tell that her skirmish wasn't that easy. Instead of evading, she chose to fight, knowing that the only way to breakthrough is to beat her in her game. Devers of course was trying to catch up, throwing her javelin away to slow her speed. "Shit! how can I slow her down!" she groaned "the only way is to fly, she can't chase me up there". She immediately transformed and flew up high, as the thunder stroke above her illuminated her presence. Devers immediately halted, fixated her eyes on the target that she is willing to harm. "NOW YOU HAVE PROVEN TO ME, THAT YOU ARE A COWARD LAYLA!!" She exploded "THE SKY WON'T TAKE YOU AWAY FROM ME!!!". She briskly changed course towards her sister, lunging her javelin to stun the huntress. "Nergal I need a lift!" she demanded "TAKE ME TO THAT COWARD NOW!!" Without any question Nergal obliged, she transformed and lifted her towards her angel.

-Anahel was shooting her arrows, but all of them were blocked by Devers's shield. "Now Nergal!" With much force she shove her sister away, Devers seized the moment and launched her javelin. Layla stroke her whip as unraveled itself with such intensity that it seemed to become an entity of its own. It crackled through the air, aimed with the precision of an unwavering arrow. In a fleeting moment, the javelin evaded its path, lunging towards its adversary with unwavering audacity. Even though she missed her mark, Devers is still charging with her shield, she was really close when the thunder stroke in front of them, slightly touching her shield which caused her to knock back and descend towards the ground. Layla cursory descended to catch her before she dies, shifting her form to catch some speed, until she managed to catch her.