Chapter Thirty Nine

In the remote corners of her memories lie the remnants of days long past, when the darkness cast its gloomy shadow upon the soul of her beloved. Like a captivating tale spun by fate itself, it was a time of desperation, where every moment seemed to drip with foreboding and despair. During those days, every glimpse of sunlight became a shimmering ephemeral hope, cruelly ripped away by the encroaching darkness. For her lover, the very essence of life was gradually usurped by a malevolent force, as if destiny itself had conspired to yield his existence to the abyss.

Her desperate attempts to rescue her from this abyss were akin to battling against an unstoppable tempest of sullen melancholy. The weight of her desolation pressed upon her, leaving her breathless, yearning for a semblance of the person she had once been. Every flicker of hope she beheld was quickly extinguished, as the darkness clung to her spirit, refusing to release its malignant grasp. Each day, she pleaded, suppressed, and beckoned her to resist the consuming darkness, as she tried to forge a path back to the world of light and love that they had once shared. But her powers fell upon her; she had surrendered to the blackness that whispered seductively in her ear, beckoning her further into its fold.

As the days merged into a ceaseless blur, she found myself caught in a tumultuous whirlwind of emotions. Grief, frustration, and a sense of helplessness became unwelcome companions on her journey, debilitated by the failure to rekindle the flame that had once ignited their souls. Yet, even in the darkest of nights, a flicker of hope remains. In her heart, she cling on to the belief that she will be able to save her, she stiffly holding herself as she is on the verge of collapsing on any given moment, yet despite all of this agony, she still remain saint. It has been three days since her last conversation with her mother, such day will never be forgotten by anyone who witnessed her screaming and crying.

And now here she is, standing in the middle of her room, unable to do something. She felt the pain in her heart, she felt the numbness in her body, while her soul is completely swallowed by dullnesses. She hadn't spoken to her sister yet, despite her efforts to reach out and apologises in every single hour, her heart is still aches because of what she done. Second by second, she felt weak, powerless, and feeble, as much as she tried to help, cure or recuperate the soul of the person she loved, darkness's roots had already spread over her body. A grunt left her throat, when she realised that she has been standing for awhile. Her feet started to sore, so she decided to lay down and rest for the night, but before that she went and grabbed the portrait of her devil, weakly walking towards her bed, as she lay down while hugging the drawing. Her tears of course, made their way through her cheeks, taking the same path as if they carved their way through her countless hours of crying.

-It took her some time to surrender to her weakness, finally deciding to take a break, showing mercy to the body that she wished that she could leave. She immersed deep within the corners of her dream, trying to escape the reality that she cannot bare to live in. The more she immerse the more flashes of memories appears in front of her. "I missed you...so much" she said "if only I can meet you here, I would've stayed with you forever". She then reached the bottom of her mind, manifested into a labyrinth of memories and recollections. Cumbersome she walked, between the labyrinth walls glimpsing the past that she once had with her. She kept walking towards, until abruptly she stopped. Her jaws clenched when she glanced a reminiscence that she wished to sponge out. "Leach!" she exclaimed "parasite!! why are you here!!" She groaned and decided to walk away, knowing that she can't do anything with the exception of moving on.

-As she walks, the labyrinth walls decided to shift on it's own will, she looked confused yet curious. "what are you showing me?" she asked out loud "sigh..I forgot that I am basically talking to my mind". Regardless of her question, the labyrinth kept shifting rapidly, showing multiple memories at a time. She was almost about to faint, she saw a plethora of her excerpts from her life, because of such amount, she held her head and tightly closed her eyes, hoping to control her thoughts. "STOP! PLEASE!" she begged. Moments had passed and still the ordeal continues, until it's stopped creating a pathway for her to walk again. This time however it's different, she walked a path in complete utter darkness, not a single memory had shown up for her, which made her heart flinched in fear.