Chapter Thirty Four

The air was heavy with anticipation as the doors to the majestic throne room creaked open. The citizens of the beloved city whispered in hushed tones, their eyes brimming with curiosity. Finally, after weeks of fear and uncertainty, the long-awaited day had arrived - an audience with the king to address the demons that plagued their lives. The whispers grew louder as both men shuffled forward, one by one, through the opulent hallways. The flickering torches casting eerie shadows upon the intricately carved walls added an air of mystery to the already tense atmosphere. With each step, their hopes soared; the once-crumbling faith in our ruler began to be uplifted.

Finally, they reached the grand entrance to the throne room. The massive double doors towered before them, adorned with intricate designs depicting battles between angels, devils and demons, good and evil. As the doors swung open, revealing the sumptuous chamber within, a collective gasp escaped from their lips. The king sat upon his throne, regal and commanding, his piercing eyes filled with both strength and compassion. He gestured for them to approach, and one by one, they stepped forward, their hearts pounding with anticipation.

In a voice that resonated with authority and wisdom, the king addressed them. He spoke of the demons that emerged within their city, those entities that haunted their most vulnerable dreams and hijacked our deepest desires. His words were a balm to their wounded souls, for he acknowledged their pain and validated their tireless battles against these invisible foes. With unwavering determination, the king revealed his plan to combat the demons that had plagued their lives for far too long. He explained how every citizen would play a vital role in this endeavor, joining forces with the two as a united front against evil.

-He spoke of compassion, the weapon that would pierce through the darkness like a beacon of light. The king urged them to cultivate empathy within themselves, to lend a hand to those who suffered most from the demons' influence. Such words were never pleasing in Raziel's ears, he kept glancing his arch nemesis, the person who he wished to perish right in front of everyone. Once the king finished his words, he gestured them to speak, giving them a chance to listen to their thoughts. Raziel of course, stepped forward as he bowed to his knee. "with all due respect king Aeon, may I remind you about the desolation of the past, may I remind you that the person who is standing behind me is the cause for such destruction" he accused "please rethink about the proposal of joint efforts, whatever those devils will do, the holy water will not purify their sins"

-The king looked Damien as he gestured to him, he stepped close and bowed to speak. "king Aeon, my sins are mine to bare, during my lifetime, and after the desolation of the past, I held my peace, you granted me and my offspring a safe haven in the city, as they thrive and develop" he assured "we lived alone, away from the eyes of those who tries to harm us, we helped those who are in need for our help, the first Major...was killed by my daughters". The king shifted his gaze to Raziel again, as he saw him clenching his jaws angrily. "king Aeon!, my daughters were there and assisted those who are in need!" he averred "my daughters killed that Major! and helped those people! yours did nothing apart from the destruction that they made!"

-Damien looked at him and derided "then explain to me....where is the Major's power?" he mocked "I don't remember you angels are capable of absorbing his powers" Raziel snarled "do you think that I am not well aware? they killed him as his powers perished away!" he assured "stop deviate the king Damien....it is getting old you see" Damien giggled mockingly "both you and I, are well aware that leaving his powers without any absorption will not dissolve his existence, you know that he will reemerge again" he said "thus why I am saying....that my daughter killed him, I am not neglecting your daughters assistance nor their help". He was about to protest, but the king raised his hand as it is time for him, to deliver his final decision.