Chapter Forty One

The darkest sky that once was raging in battle against the forces, has now ceased its fury as the drizzling rain washed over their broken pieces, reminding those who had fallen into the trap of hatred and violence, that love once more thrived and ignited within the palest hearts. The angels flew across the city, shining like a shooting star in the swarthy sky. With delectations they chuckled, their eyes lit up with sparks of gladness as they cruise throughout city. Before she lands near the window that she escaped from, she went straight to the rooftops as she wants to explain to her sister about their plan in case the bodyguards noticed their absence, which obviously they would.

-Layla landed while she carried her sister, she immediately transformed back and sought refuge from the rain. As soon as they hid away, Layla took a second before she start sharing her plan. "Ana...listen I have a plan" she said "the bodyguards for sure they noticed our absences, so I am going to pretend that I had an urgent meeting and rushed out...and you just come up with something". Anahel facepalm herself. "hmm, ok...just act natural" she said "I don't know how deep Karael got into her acting" Layla smirked and fixed her wet clothes. "only one way to find out" she said "now let us go..and dry ourselves as well". She carried her sister and landed next to the window as they slowly entered. She promptly went to dry herself, as for her sister she went to check on her cousin. After awhile, Anahel rushed back to Layla's office while she burst into laughter. "Layla...please come with me..you have to see this" she tittered "that cousin of ours..her acting is extraordinary"

-Layla raised her eyebrow and followed her to where their cousin is located. The moment they entered Layla snorted loudly as she covered her mouth. Karael was laying on the floor pretending that she had a broken leg. She kept yelling at everyone to stay away and never touch her, or otherwise she would kill them. The bodyguards were scattered around, looking discombobulated and frighten, as for Karael she was nailing her part well. "oh my leg..it's hurting me" she cried "its all your fault...suffocating me, pushing me around..and because of you...this happened how dare you!". The bodyguard tried to get close and assist her, even though he knew that she would push him away. "My lady...please let us assist you" he coughed "we've been looking for lady Layla and lady Anahel, but they were not around"

-Layla cleared her throat, while she crossed her arms, the bodyguards flinched when they heard her voice, as they immediately turned and looked at her. "l-lady Layla..your cousin wa-". She interrupted "what did you do to her!" she exclaimed "do you want our parents to explode!". A shiver hit his spine after hearing such words, he immediately shifted his gaze towards the other bodyguards as he asked them for help. One of them walked closer and bowed his head. "M-my lady...w-we looked for you..as soon as lady Karael fell on the floor" he stuttered "but unfortunately you were not around". She raised her eyebrow and looked at him coldly "I had an urgent meeting, and you all weren't around to take me to it" she scolded "So I took the initiative and left without you all"

-The bowed bodyguard clenched his fist, afraid to respond, he kept on the same position until she had spoken to him again. "Right then...you all can leave" Kararl yelled "oh my leg...my small beautiful weakly leg" she cried "how could you just leave me alone...how could you all bare to see me in this manner". Anahel facepalm herself, while Layla placed her hands on her waist. The bodyguards gulped and massaged their napes, looking at each other with confusion and wonder. One of them again, stepped closer and reached out his hands to assist her, but of course she pushed his hands away and angrily glared at him. "Tsk,tsk! How could you touch a lady!" She exclaimed "my boyfriend and my father will have a word with you mister!" Layla opened her mouth widely, she couldn't comprehend what she just said. She asked them to leave again, otherwise her cousin will take the entire night. They all excused themselves and leave the room, while the sisters crossed their arms and looked at her mischievously.