59.Adjustments in contact

He headed back inside of the building and to the office. Where he scheduled an appointment, a meeting, instead of entering his boss's or executive's office. Chuuya did say that he was an executive, before he was Atsushi's partner.

And even though that hurt, it was true. He was an employee during work hours. Not a partner of the two. Which is something they would also need to discuss.

The meeting got approved within seconds.

And he got invited by Akutagawa's biggest nemesis and the only girl who'd spare him the time of the day, who reminded himself the fact that he also wanted to visit the raven after work hours.

As he walked inside, with only half an hour left of his shift, he noticed two things.

One, Osamu, was hammered. Two, Chuuya was oddly silent.

"Knew you'd be back." The brunet grinned drunkenly, making him frown.

"I'm here to discuss my contract, sir." The tiger said, as he bowed his head, getting an uncomfortable glare from the boss.

"Sir? Atsushi-kun don't be so mean." The man almost whined, as he ran a, now even more, bandaged hand through his hair.

There seemed to be blood on the fabric and that concerned Atsushi, but that was something he would discuss later. He had something on his mind that he needed to get out first.

"May I take a seat, sir?" He asked, instead of entertaining the man's drunken statements.

The smile and the expression from before dropped, as the man nodded and sobered up, face blank and any recognition of Osamu's emotions, thoughts and feelings he might've gotten through the time he was with the man, disappeared.

Suddenly Osamu was like a blank canvas to him. Which was concerning once again.

"You cannot break the contract." Osamu immediately stated, making him sigh.

"And I wasn't planning to." He said, as he ran a hand through his hair.

"I just want to request a few adjustments."

His executive was the next to speak.

"Which would be?" Apparently, noticing how the mood switched and how Atsushi's demeanour changed and soured Dazai's already wrecked mood, he decided to take on Osamu's role again. Not like Atsushi could say anything about that nor did he genuinely want to. He'd leave the two to their own personal matters while focusing on what he came to do.

"I'd like for you to add no sacrifices on the list of my personal boundaries right next to the no killing requirements."

The two were silent.

Before….

"Fine. Anything else?"

He shook his head, as he gripped the chair.

"Now, I just want to discuss our personal relationship."

That's when he saw an emotion flash across that pale face and across the brown eyes.

"I want to make sure that we keep our work relationship completely business related." Osamu seemed to be calm, simply blinking at Atsushi in his usual blank manner, but he also seemed strangely holding back. He could tell only by the way that the older bit the inside of his cheek while smiling, and he wondered if he maybe said it wrong.

"What happens between us in our private life should be kept seperate." The tiger tried to explain further, taking a look at Chuuya next. "As my executive said, before I acted unprofessionally and ran out of the office." The redhead in question simply averted his gaze with something akin to regret painting his features.

"So I take it you're breaking up with us?" Dazai asked flatly, causing his necktie to almost break as he snapped his head towards Osamu.

Was he? He didn't mean to do that at all. He…did he want to do that? He didn't think so. He…no matter how hurt he was over the fact that they would do something like that to him, even though they knew his past and knew his personality well enough to know that he'd be upset over it, he still…cared for the two.

His stomach was already churning as soon as he walked inside of the office and noticed the stench of alcohol, and his mind absolutely spiralled as soon as he noticed dark red on top of the new layer of bandages, so he truly did carry worry and genuine sympathy as well as a liking towards them.

Now, the question for him was….was he a good option for them?

Did he only make them worse or was that his own imagination?

He bit his lip and looked down as he thought about it for a second.

Dazai, even though he was kind to him only seemed less and less caring about the rest of the office. And Chuuya seemed to follow in his steps, as he approved the almost diabolical decision.

Still…he didn't have it in him to break up with them. He liked them. So much it actually made no sense.

"I'm…no. No I'm not. I just want to make this healthier." Atsushi mumbled, gaze still on the floor.

If he looked up, he might've seen the relief of a man who avoided certain death, on Dazai's face. But, luckily for the brunet, he in fact, did not.

"I see." Was all that met his ears, as the brunet adjusted his posture and sent Chuuya a look.

There was this odd, almost suffocating type of uncomfortableness in his stomach, and some genuine fear of how awkward it'd be once they got home.

But he still did not regret his decision one bit.

Now, the only thing left in his book was to go visit Akutagawa.