Chapter Fifty Two

Lance lifted up the crate and walked over to the entrance of a hidden cave with a small hand latched onto his leg "Acxa, I'm almost done with the crates" he called out as Acxa acknowledged him "Careful Cole, don't trip on anything" the latter puffed his cheeks and put his hands on his hips, Lance rolled his eyes fondly and scooped the little one into his arms "Come on goofball, we have a few more crates to bring in" he said rubbing his nose lovingly against Cole's making him giggle, he and Lance disappeared behind the hanged up door and she went back to looking at the reports. It's been 3 years since Voltron hasn't been seen, she and Lance have been on their own with little help but they made it work for a good survival, Lance had Cole 3 years ago only months after they were on they're own little guy still had trouble speaking but he made it work with his expressions and attitude. 

Coming back inside with another crate with Cole sitting on top, he set it down where the others were "That's the last one, Hungry?" Cole nodded and did grabby hands towards Lance who gladly picked him and placed him on his hip, Cole began to play with Lance now below shoulder length hair, he found no reason to cut it now. "Acxa, are you hungry?" he asked as she shook her head, "No, I'm fine. However, I'll be back later" he raised an eyebrow "Scouting?" she shook her head "No. Just to gather some intel from one of the battle cruisers not far from here" she said "Alright, just come back in one piece, No injuries, No nothing. Understand?" she snorted through her nose "I will, I promise" he smiled and set Cole down to wish her a good-bye then ran back to his mom. Acxa took the ship and went on her way, she didn't mention it to Lance but she did find some info on Voltron. She thought they died, well, everyone did since no word was heard from them for 3 years. Maybe if they are alive they can help bring Lance some clarity, she worries for him she's his friend and she wants to help him.

She approached the ship and used one of the hangers to get inside, Voltron was definitely alive if she was seeing the Lions. All the lions were there. Scouring the ship she hid and knocked out whoever she came across but was trying to listen to see who was leading this ship, sneaking up behind a guard she knocked them out but twisting their neck with her legs and let them drop to the ground and realized where she was. The hold where prisoners were held. She peered into the cell she was by and seen the paladins opening the doors to reveal herself "Acxa" Allura blinked not expecting to see her "You guys really are alive" she cut their restraints and they followed her out, Keith punched a soldier that was about to fire at them "Try aiming at my daughter again and your dead" he threatened making Mela giggle happily "Dude, she's now a sadist oh god" Pidge poked at Mela who caught her finger giggling "She's not a sadist she's only 7 months old Pidge" Keith took Mela away from her as she looked around excited more excited then she should be since they're on an enemy ship "Wait where's Coran?" Shiro asked missing an arm that Keith had to sever in order to release him for Haggar's grasp. They heard noises ahead "I think that way" Hunk pointed "I'm sure the Hangers are that way" Allura said "Well let's go, the sooner we leave here that faster we can try finding Mela's mother. She's been without him for a while and she needs him" Krolia agreed with Keith. Coran was getting beaten by some Galrans he came across and the others put a stop to it, the poor man was dazed and sounded like he was drunk. 

They got they're bayards and raced to the hangers howeer ran into Ezor and Zethrid, Mela whimpered in Keith's arms and he growled at them. "Go, I'll take care of them" Acxa was already racing at them "Acxa!" Krolia took Mela in her arms and ran after the others while Keith went to help Acxa, "Say Acxa, where's your favorite paladin? I haven't seen little blue in awhile now" Acxa glared and kicked her "He's somewhere safe away from you" her tone was cold but Keith wasn't focused on that, he wrapped his tail around Ezor's neck and threw her as Zethrid rammed him into a wall making him shout and growl at her. "Acxa!" she twisted her body and did a spin kick, kicking Zethrid off Keith. "We need to get out of here!" Keith put on his helmet and Acxa activated Her's and just as the helmet finished putting itself on her face he slammed down on the bay doors opening them up into open space making them get sucked out. Black caught them in her mouth "Everyone in their lions?" Keith asked standing up and Acxa soon following as he took a seat in the pilots seat "Yeah, we're here and coming to you" Hunk pulled in close with Yellow and the others, Allura grabbed Red "Mela, is she alright?" he asked with worry in his tone "She's fine, she's just playing with my hair now" he sighed in relief when his mother spoke. "I have a safe haven I can take you guys to however I do not live there alone" Acxa said, "If that's alright. We really need to learn why are communications aren't working" Keith and the others agreed "I'll show the black paladin the coordinates" she did so and he triangulated them and they were off. 

-----------

7/26/23