Chapter Sixteen

Lance rubbed his stomach that was flat at the moment but he could feel the heartbeat behind the surface.

He yawned and looked at the sleeping Keith who had his arms wrapped around his waist keeping him near and smiled, Lance would do anything to protect this baby. He didn't want a repeat of the past, a life unborn was lost back then and it broke his heart.

He hasn't told anyone other than... Anyone that didn't know the truth about him being pregnant before, it hurt just remembering the loss of a new life that wasn't even born yet it hurt him because he was once a mother of an unborn child that never got the chance to meet their mother because they were gone inside of their mothers stomach. Tears sprung in his eyes but he quickly wiped them so Keith wouldn't notice if he woke up, Lance needed a shower so he shimmied his way out of Keith's arms and walked into the bathroom that was connected to the room and closed the door.

He frowned when he looked in the mirror, "I'll put them away and get in, water in my ears is uncomfortable" he mumbled and took of Keith's big shirt and let it drop to the floor and hid his form without looking in the mirror and turned on the water. When it was the right temperature did he get in and get cleaned he sighed in relief when he felt clean, and he wanted to go back into Keith's warm arms so he hurried in the shower and turned off the water stepping out and walking passed the mirror when he caught white. He paused "huh?" He backed up and looked into the mirror at his own reflection, he blinked once, he blinked twice, he blinked once more and the let out a shout of surprise saying "What in the name of Jesus!?" Keith sprung up in surprise from the bed and ran to the bathroom "Lance?" He opened the door to see his boyfriend looking at himself shocked in the mirror before turning to Keith "m-my hair it's not brown anymore!" Keith walked over "was it always brown when you weren't in your Neko form?" He asked "yes I don't know what's going on, I turned back to human because water gets uncomfortable when it how into my ears and when I looked back in the mirror my hair was still white it should be brown" Lance said a little panicked because this hasn't happened before.

"Alright, calm down I'm sure there's a reason this happened. Has this happened before?" Lance shook his head "no, it hasn't. This is the first time this happened" he said "okay, for now until we figure out the cause you might need to stay in your Neko form for awhile until we figure out what's going on" Keith said calming Lance down "y-yeah" Lance let his form change and he soon had two white fluffs at the top of his head and his soft white tail behind him, Keith snuck his hand to the furry tail and stroked it causing Lance to let out a yelp in surprise with red cheeks "my tail" Lance's tail went between his legs and Keith smiled "you didn't say that last night now did you?" Keith grinned when Lance turned beet red and hit Keith's shoulder then buried his face "shush" Lance mumbled into Keith's chest and Keith snickered "should I go grab your clothes? I don't want no one but me seeing you naked" Lance let out a muffled squeal of embarrassment and Keith laughed which made butterflies float in Lance's stomach.

Keith rarely laughed and when he did, you had to treasure it because he rarely showed that side of him.

Keith grabbed Lance's clothes and Lance put them on while Keith got a nice view of his boyfriend who was now finished in getting dressed. Keith looked away when Lance looked at him "what?" Keith blushed "nothing" shrugging Lance walked out of the bathroom with a quick peck on Keith's cheek and walked out of the room, Keith groaned when he got his senses back "that cute ass male is going to be the death of me" Keith grabbed his shirt that was on the floor and put it on grabbing his jacket and knife while he was at it, Lance's bag with his meds was hanging on the wall so he walked passed it and followed his mate.

________

2/22/23