You Little Brat

Damn, two updates in the span of a week. I am on a roll :D Enjoy the chapter. 

also, 82% sure I used the word placate right... probably not

"I don't like this, Hiccup" Astrid put her hands on her hip as you and Hiccup got ready to fly on Toothless. "I don't either, but we have no choice".

"It'll be fine, Astrid. I can handle Dagur" you placed your hand on her shoulder. "We'll what if we can't get you back. I mean, do you seriously want to end up married to that freak" she asked. "That won't happen, I'll stick around long enough for him to drop his guard, then I'll get out with the Dragon Eye" Astrid didn't seem convinced. "That isn't exactly a plan-".

"Well, it's all we've got. It took me long enough to get Hiccup to agree to this, Gustav needs us. He's just a kid, Dagur won't hurt me, but who knows what he'll do to him" in all actuality you knew exactly what Dagur would do to Gustav if you didn't show, but you didn't want to think about it too much. 

"You sure we have no choice? Like, none? Zip? Zilch?" Tuff asks. Hiccup looks down from Toothless "This is all my fault anyway-", "Ninguno?", "I never even gave the kid a chance", "Ni Portugal?", "Tuff that's really not helping at all!", "Yeah". "If I wasn't so busy tinkering with this thing, I don't know, maybe I could have kept him busy". Fishlegs spoke up, "Uh, yeah, nobody can keep Gustav busy".

"At least let us back you up out there" Astrid reasoned. "Dagur was very clear. I have to come alone. We don't know what he'll do to Gustav if I don't follow his demands to the letter. We can't risk it". Astrid gave you a withering look. "Don't worry" you patted both of your boots, "I'm packing". "We'll be careful, I promise" Hiccup said before the two of you and Toothless took off along with Fanghook. 

"There" one of the Berserker guards called as you and Hiccup approached, landing on the deck of the ship. "Fanghook!" Gustav called rushing to his dragon "I was worried about you, boy". "Aww, dragon and dragon rider love. Makes me want to hurl. Blech" Toothless snarled before Hiccup soothed him to calm down. You were surrounded by dozens of Berserkers with no backup, now was not the time to act out. 

"Gustav, are you ok?" Hiccup asked, earning a nod from the boy as Dagur began to walk towards you. "That's close enough, Dagur" Hiccup warned. "Oh, wow. Where's the trust. After all we've been through together? No? Nothing? No Hiccupy barbs, quips, snappy comebacks? But I really love those. We've developed such a nice shorthand, you and I". 

"Dagur, Let's just get this over with" you said, sensing your brother's growing irritation. Dagur's attention to you, "Y/N, my love, how have they been treating you? Well, I hope?" he mumbled under his breath, "For their sake". "I was just catching up with Hiccup here. You know, brother, you really should lighten up. After all, were going to be family soon" he put up his arms taunting him, "Wouldn't want any unresolved tension at the wedding now, would we?" Hiccup grit his teeth. You swiftly dismount Toothless hoping to get this over with quickly so neither Dagur nor Hiccup do something that ends with Gustav getting hurt. "Send them over" Hiccup orders. 

"You first" Dagur smiles, leaving no room for negotiation. Hiccup looks to you, to which you give a nod, and he hands you the dragon eye. Though Dagur isn't that far the walk feels longer. Each side on edge, anxious to see if the other will make a preemptive move. As soon as you're withing arms reach, Dagur pulls you into his side, temporarily resting his face in your hair before he returns to face Hiccup, content with rubbing circles into your arm. Dagur takes the Dragon Eye into his other hand examining it with an exaggeratedly astounded voice taunting Hiccup, "Oh, it- it really is one beautiful artifact. And I hear it can be very useful to those who possess it? Hmm? Is that true?".

"Gustav, let's go. It's okay" Hiccup takes a step closer. Gustav contemplates for a moment, "Yeah, about that, Hiccup. I've been treated much better by these guys than I ever was treated by you and the dragon riders". "What!?" you yell baring teeth at the little runt. "Ooh" Dagur giggles, "And the plot thickens".