9. Back to work

Emily pov - A week later

I'm going crazy sitting in the house day in and day out. Even though I don't want to leave in case she calls or she just magically walks through the door.

Even though the team being there is actually quite nice, even Laura came over for a few hours. And no matter how much I love to think back and tell them all everything about me and Y/n. I just can't do nothing anymore. I've been doing it for weeks.

So now I'm back to work. Not fully, as everyone notices how I'm jumpy at every phone call or zoning out. Hotch thought it might be a good idea for me to come back. But to stay at the office on cases, with Penelope. That way she can also come back to work more fully.

And i won't lie, it's somewhat fun to work in her batcave. Exactly what I felt like it need. I can't look anywhere without seeing some sort of unicorn or sparkling or colourful thing.

"I've sent you the address, Em is checking into his record." Penelope says over the phone to Hotch and Rossi who are out at the police station in Seattle.

"Morgan and Reid will check out his workplace, me and the detective Vasques will check out his home address." Hotch answers before we hang up and I continue to look at his criminal record. Not that there's much there, mostly juvenile but still. Not anywhere near manslaughter.

"You good?" Penelope asks, turning towards me with that all caring smile of hers.

"Yeah, I'm good." Except for everything. But considering it, I'm better now that I'm out of the house. It gives for a better distraction while they look for my wife, than reminiscing over our history to tell my team.

"You sure?"

"Could we just focus, please." I don't dare look at her as my eyes skim the words before me.

"Nope." She pulls my chair out so that I'm in the middle of the room. Then she sits down on her couch.

"What?"

"I wanna hear about your wedding."

"Penelope, we're in a case." But I know the reasoning behind it.

"They'll call if they need anything."

"Fine." And so she hands me a fresh cup of tea and I begin to tell her. What was going through my head when I saw her in that dress, the words exchanged, and how I thought it was a all a really good dream.