Talk to me ~ Hanako (Angst/fluff) *LGBTQ+*

Premise

° Why can't you see yourself the way Hanako sees you?

3002 words
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author note:
The bullying in this chapter is a little harsh. I have '⚠️' marked at the beginning and end of the section if you'd like to skip it.(your mental health is of utmost importance-please take care of yourself :3)

It all started with a uniform.

A damn uniform.

Kamome Gakuen academy decided during a district board meeting that the school uniforms would be changing. Nothing too dramatic, the girls still wore skirts and the boys slacks, but the colors had been switched to match the school crest better. The announcement was made during spring break that all students were expected to purchase and wear the new uniforms by the time school started.

Now, you never even liked the uniforms to begin with. With you bordering plus-size clothing sizes, it was already hard enough to find comfortable and stylish clothes that fit you.

So, while the news about uniform changes was nearly inconvenient to some, it was fucking unbearable to you.

You had just gotten used to the old uniform. You knew the exact number of buttons you could undo so your chest wouldn't stretch uncomfortably against the fabric, you knew just how many steps you could take before your thighs would start chaffing, you even knew which oversized jackets you could get away with wearing to hide anything that could be outlined through your shirt.

It's not like you had a problem with change or anything...but What. The. Hell.

The new uniforms were completely different!

The fabric was cheap and got caught in your rolls, causing you to have to pull at your clothes (both top and bottoms) every few seconds unless you wanted to look like a opened can of biscuits. The shoes hurt your feet and squeaked with each step you took. Even the jacket they gave you-since it was now 'out of dress code' to wear your normal one-was a size too small. All it did was accentuate the fat on your arms.

You had never been the most popular person in school. You were lucky to go a day without being picked on, but walking into school dressed in this horrid uniform...it was social suicide. You may as well kiss goodbye to whatever dignity you had left.