Kissing practice ~ Amane (lime) *LGBTQ+*

REQUESTED BY: ANONYMOUS

The premise

° Amane doesn't know how to kiss; neither do you. *Insert Danganronpa trial music*

° Sets place in a perfect world where everyone is alive and goes to school together.

Male!reader

4138 words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first time it happened was at your house.

It was a Wednesday night, after dinner, and Amane was lying on the floor of your room with his ear pressed to the pages of his long forgotten honours chemistry textbook, watching the end of Sixteen Candles. He could hear the humming of the house, your parents walking around downstairs. You sat next to him with a binder across your legs. For the first time it seemed like you where more interested in not failing the test tomorrow than he was--his eyes were glued to the t.v.

It was Amane who spoke first, dark eyes flashing in the glow of the screen.

"Do you ever worry about that?" He rolled over to look at you, face still pressed into the floor. He pushed his hair out of his eyes.

Your eyes darted to the screen, to the half finished chemistry worksheets on the floor, and up to his eyes.
"Worry about what?"

"Kissing a girl"

Your eyes squint. That was sudden. Whatever happened to calculating how many miles separated Jupiter and Neptune?
"Dude, gross" you groan and push him away a little with your foot.

"What? That's..." Amane sits up suddenly looking concerned. "...a normal concern"

You knew you could take one of two routes right now: admit you had never kissed anyone, or pretend you had. But it wasn't like Amane wouldn't know you were lying, because in what universe would you kiss someone and not tell your best friend?

"Y/n?"

You hummed in response. Amane didn't say anything else for a long moment. So long that you think he won't.

Just as you were getting ready to ask him, Amane seemed to make up his mind, starting, "Have you ever kissed anyone?" his gaze was distant, miles away. One could only guess where...

You blinked dumbly. "What?"

Amane didn't miss a beat.
"Have you ever kissed anyone, y/n?"

"Uh..." Had the room gotten hotter? The edges of everything had grown blurry, even the movie's noise felt muddled, distant. It... you were probably sleep-deprived. Though, you knew for a fact that your cheeks were glowing like redstone. In resolve, you threw your head down into your binder in a totally not suspicious way. "Why do you want to know that?" comes of muffles.

"Because... I haven't kissed anyone. What if I'm bad at it?" His response makes you glance up with a raised brow.

Amane plays with the seam of his shorts, running his fingers along the stitching. His gaze falls downwards, transfixed on the fabric beneath his hands.
He looked like an abandoned puppy, pouting and whimpering just because he'd dare to be curious.

That 'don't be a shitty best friend' alarm goes off and you sigh. Then raise your head from the binder. "Whatever. Everyone's probably bad at kissing, if they're our age no one will notice" Amane gets an awkward pat on the back as you try to comfort him.

"But what if the girl has kissed other guys? She'll know I'm bad if she has a frame of reference."
Leave it to Amane to look at the glass half empty. You swear, this kid was his own devil on his shoulder.