Chapter 39

Dev's P.O.V.

Amidst the golden-hued walls, basking in the caress of a lazy afternoon sun, the room exudes a sense of tranquil nostalgia. The curtains, drawn only partially, allow playful sunbeams to dance and weave whimsical patterns, casting their enchantment upon the space. The air carries the delicate fragrance of newly blossomed flowers, a fragrant orchestra that lulls the room into a natural reverie. It feels as if time itself has chosen this moment to saunter, stretching its arms languidly in graceful abandon.

On the inviting expanse of my bed, Raj and I recline, our discarded textbooks mere ships adrift on a vast sea of comfort. We find ourselves in a state of exquisite equilibrium, half-relaxed, half-lost in daydreams. Between the pages of academic pursuits and whispered confessions, we linger. Our heads rest upon soft pillows, our elbows forming bridges between calculations and the secrets of our hearts. The bed itself seems like an enchanted carpet, ready to sweep us away to a realm where numbers transform into laughter and equations reveal their hidden poetry.

The sunlight, an artist with a penchant for subtlety, plays coyly with the strands of Raj's hair, forming a delicate halo around his countenance. His demeanor mirrors the serenity of the afternoon, and I can't help but steal glances at him, my heart synchronized with the melodious cadence of his presence. I contemplate the possibility of capturing such radiant moments, as sunlight paints his features with its golden brushstrokes.

In this gentle embrace of a leisurely afternoon, Raj's voice emerges like a whisper of intrigue, a soft disturbance in the sunlit dreamscape we've carefully woven.

"You know," he begins, mischief twirling with sincerity in his tone, "if I were to tally the times your eyes caught me stealing glances, we might birth a new branch of mathematics."

A warm flush surges to my cheeks, as if the sun itself has brushed against them. His words linger, a playful challenge hanging in the air. I reply with mock incredulity.

"Aren't we Biology students? It's a sin to remember about mathematics."

Raj's laughter blends with the sun's warmth, a harmonious chime that resonates with the lazy setting. His eyes crinkle with mischief, lips curving in promise of shared mysteries and boundless conversations.

Raj grins, leaning in a bit closer. "Hey, Dev, do you ever think about how we're basically living inside a real-life Netflix drama?"

I raise an eyebrow, trying not to laugh. "Seriously, Raj? That's your opening line?"

He chuckles. "Well, I thought it was a pretty accurate observation. I mean, we've got the quirky characters, the emotional rollercoaster, and, of course, the slow-burning romance."

I can't help but smile at his playful tone. "Romance, huh?"

Raj nudges my shoulder with his own. "So, what's the latest episode in the life of Dev?"

I pretend to think for a moment, then reply, "Well, today's episode featured me trying not to blush while you deliver cheesy pick-up lines."

He laughs, a sound that makes my heart do a little flip. "Hey, I've got a reputation to uphold. Can't let you off too easily."

As the sun paints our room with warm, golden hues, I realize that Raj has a unique way of making even the simplest moments feel like they belong in a coming-of-age movie. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Raj leans in closer, whispering conspiratorially. "Well, Dev, if this is a Netflix drama, then where's our dramatic kissing scene? I mean, that's a staple in every show, right?"

I raise an eyebrow, seeing a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Oh, I see what you're doing, Raj?"

"You don't want that? Leave it," he leans away.