A letter to life

Dear Life,

I hope you remember me, but in case you don't, I'm that shy, introverted kid who's been navigating your twists and turns. It's been a long, lonely journey, and I just needed to get some things off my chest, even if you might not be listening.

I'm not sure where to begin, but I guess I'll start by saying that you've been one tough journey for me. It feels like I've been carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders, and I'm just a teenager trying to make sense of it all. I know I'm supposed to be full of hope and dreams, but sometimes it's hard to see past the darkness that lingers in my memories.

I want to ask you, Life, why me? Why did you let that happen to an innocent soul who just wanted to belong? Why did you let someone's cruelty shatter my trust in people, leaving me anxious and trembling at the mere thought of social interaction?

There were days when I wished I could escape, when I wished I could rewrite my story, but those wishes remained unfulfilled. Instead, I was left with scars, both seen and unseen, etched into my heart and mind.

Please, Life, if you're listening, I want to ask you to be kinder to me this time. To let this new beginning be a fresh start, a chance to rebuild what was broken, even if it's a fragile hope.

Wanna be yours,

Dev

Disclaimer:

This story contains sensitive topics like harassment and suicide attempts.