20 - Time to Talk

***A FEW DAYS LATER***

Things were still slightly tense in the house and Lisa had been coming by almost every day to help me out. Chris was always willing, but I just didn't know what to do with what happened with him and Scott.

I was sitting up in bed one day when Chris came walking in the room.

"Lunch is ready." He said and I nodded as I started moving everything out of the way. "We are going out to the living room, you need to get out of the room. You have been cooped up in here. Time to change." Chris continued walking over to me.

"I mean, I wouldn't mind something else." I said and he smiled as he went to lift me, and I shook my head. "Can you just hold me up as I hobble?" I asked.

"Of course. Arm around my neck and I'll hold your waist." Chris said and I got up and he was hold on a little too tight. I winced in pain sucking in a quick breath.

"Chris...easy hold. My sides hurt really bad." I said and Chris loosened his grip, and we walked out to the living room, and he sat me on the couch. I saw the takeout containers.

"Tired of cooking?" I asked and he laughed.

"I didn't feel like it, there's a difference." Chris said and we laughed as he helped me get on the couch. I sat down and put my legs up. Chris then grabbed us some food, gently moved my legs and put them back in his lap once he sat down, our typical sitting position when we were younger.

As we ate lunch it was silent, I knew it was uncomfortable but also in a weird sense comfortable. I liked being out here with him and not only have Dodger as company. I shouldn't have cut Chris off. He was trying to protect me with Scott, but Scott also made some valid points. Chris and I needed to talk.

We were done eating Chris cleaned up and then got me my book from his room and then put my legs in his lap again. Placed a pillow down and put his laptop on top of it. I looked at him and he smiled.

"I have some work to do, this okay?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Perfect." I said giving him a small smile.

We went back to being silent and I sighed. This wasn't going to work. After about 20 minutes I closed my book and tossed it to the coffee table. Chris looked at me.

"You feel okay?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"Yes, we need to talk though. I can't take the silence anymore." I said. Chris sighed and closed his laptop and nodded.

"We do need to talk. It's time." Chris said and I nodded. He put the laptop on the table and turned slightly to look at me but was able to leave my legs in his lap.

We were silent. We weren't sure who should go first or what to discuss first.

"Chris, talking was never this hard for us. Why is it now?" I asked. He ran his hand over his face.

"I don't know Ronnie. I mean I know what I want to bring up, but I don't know if I should."

"Just do it Chris, we know this is all going to be hard, may as well just cover it." I said and Chris nodded.

"Okay well...do you think we can cover Christmas 2003?"

"Sure, where do you want to start?"

"The beginning."

"Okay well that would mean I need to go back to weeks before when we were talking every day on the phone. You were my safe haven Chris, you always have been. I love you for that and it was what I needed as grades were coming in and I was scared. You were everything to me. As we talked for hours a night and just usually about drivel, I found myself falling in love with you. You were kind, caring, considerate and always there. I had feelings most of my teenage life, but I kept them hidden. I thought Christmas would be the perfect time to let you know how I felt. I mean I knew it would be long distance if we made it work and I knew it may not have even worked out, but I was willing to take that chance." I started off explaining.