6 - Eva

***PRESENT DAY***

It had been a few weeks since I had seen or talked to Chris since I left his house. Things were tense and I knew I wanted my best friend back but I also wasn't going to be the first one to cave. Right now though I couldn't think of Chris, I had to think of my job and right now my job was sitting across the table from me at the nice Italian restaurant in Boston.

"So you are only in town for the night?" I asked Carl sitting across from me and he nodded.

"I am but I knew I couldn't leave Boston without seeing and spending a night with you Eva." He said and reached for my hand across the table, I placed my hand in his.

"If you want me to stay all night Carl, it will cost extra." I said and he nodded slightly.

"I know sweetie, I know the rules and payment."

Yes, this is the job I have. Not the accounting firm like everyone thinks. I'm an escort...not the most glamorous job but it has its perks. And the name Eva...well I didn't like using or giving my real name, some of the guys I have been with in the past have been crazy.

Not Carl though, Carl was a normal client. Anytime business brought him into town I was with him. I didn't always spend the night with him, sometimes he just wanted company at dinner or whatever it may have been that night. Carl was in his mid-60's but very fit and didn't look his age at all.

"I must say Eva, that dress is one of the reasons I'm going to be taking you back to the hotel tonight." Carl said and I giggled looking down at my dress. The red front deep v neckline, backless and mid-thigh dress was one of my favorites.

"Well, I wanted to look good for you." I said and he smiled.

"You look better than good babe." He winked at me, and I smiled.

Our food was brought to us, and we continued to eat and just enjoy the small company as Carl went on complaining about his job and the people he worked with. I always let him, this was one of the reasons he hired me. He was divorced, no kids and no one to talk to because according to him everyone at his job was an idiot and he didn't want to deal with them outside of work.

Once we were done eating and Carl paid the bill, he stood up and pulled my chair out for me.

"Back to the hotel?" I asked as Carl nodded.

We walked out to the valet and Carl gave them the ticket to get the car. As we waited Carl pulled me close to him and I smiled up at him as he gently gripped my chin between him thumb and forefinger. He leaned down and gave me a small kiss and I smiled as we broke apart. He then moved over to nuzzle my neck and I giggled.

"Ronnie?!" I heard someone say behind me in shock and I knew the voice.

"Fuck." I grumbled as Carl lifted up and looked at the interaction that was about to happen.

"Scott...hey." I said and he just looked between Carl and I.

"This is guy. The boyfriend?" Scott asked and groaned.

"What?!" Carl asked and I turned to look at him.

"No, it's nothing." I turned back to Scott. "Can you just go do whatever you were doing...please." I said.

"He could be your dad!" Scott said and I groaned.

"Stop!" I said annoyed. I took a step closer to Scott. "Go away." I said and he just looked at me and leaned in closer.

"No wonder you didn't want Chris to know..." Scott said and walked away getting in his car that was brought up and drove off. I looked back at Carl.

"Sorry, I -..."

"He called you Ronnie...what the hell is going on?!" Carl asked a little upset and I shook my head.

"I can't really explain to you. All I can say is that was part of my private life." I said and Carl shook his head.

"You seem to have a lot going on right now...?" Carl said and I shook my head.

"No, I promise, everything is okay." I said and he just sighed and placed his hand on my cheek.

"I just think tonight baby I will go back to the hotel alone." Carl said and I sighed. He then looked at the valet. "Get her a car home, put it on my tab." Carl said, and he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"I will be back in a few weeks. I will see you then, okay?" Carl whispered and I nodded. He kissed my cheek again, got in his car and drove off. The valet was already calling for a car to come and pick me up. I didn't take my own car to the restaurant, but I did take a cab knowing I would be going home with Carl.

"Your car will be here in a few minutes." The valet said and I groaned with nodded. As I was waiting, I felt my phone vibrate in my purse. I pulled it out and saw it was Chris...I couldn't do this right now, I could call him tomorrow. Tonight, was a shit night and in case he wanted to fight more, I wasn't ready.

The car arrived and I got in, giving him my address and he took my home. Once I got home, I just wanted to get out of the dress and get comfy, super comfy, old Veronica comfy. I took out my contacts, took off all my make-up, put on my glasses, grabbed a hoodie from my closet and sighed knowing it was one of Chris's I stole. We went to a Patriots game a few years ago and I got cold, so he gave me his to wear and then he told me it looked better on me to just keep it. I swam in it, but I didn't care, I loved it, my favorite. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants. Once I was changed, I placed my hair in a ponytail. I grabbed my book from my nightstand and walked out to my living room.

Only once I sat down, I wasn't thinking about reading, I was thinking about somewhere I had to go. I grabbed my car keys and wallet. I got in my car as my cellphone rang again, I looked...Chris again.

"Sorry Chris, not the Evans I want to talk to right now..." I said as ignored the call and continued to drive.

I got to the house, got out and knocked on the door. He was surprised to see me and my appearance.

"I think we need to talk."

"Yeah, I really think we should." Scott says andmoves aside so I can walk in.